cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samsung s10 not compatible with public mobile?

Noon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried to change my device-samsung s10 plus with public mobile sim card, but it did not work. Anyone know why? Their chatbot cannot give the correct answer, and their links were all broken. Such crappy customer service of public mobile!

4 REPLIES 4

Noon

I bought it as a brand new directly from Samsung a couple years ago and never locked to any career. I have just used it something else. As for my public mobile sim Card, I activated it a few years ago and use it with Huawei P 20 pro. As my Huawei device is older now, I tried to use Samsung Galaxy S10. I was able to receive text message, but I was unable to make a call or receive call. The Sim Card is still working with my Huawei P20 pro.

Noon

I bought it as a brand new directly from Samsung a couple years ago and never locked to any career. I have just used it something else. As for my public mobile sim Card, I activated it a few years ago and use it with Huawei P 20 pro. As my Huawei device is older now, I tried to use Samsung Galaxy S10. I was able to receive text message, but I was unable to make a call or receive call. The call just dropped in seconds.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Noon , provided the device is not SIM locked to the original source for that phone, it should work on this service.  One thing I would be cautious with is VoLTE capability.  This is the "official" listing of VoLTE whitelisted devices.  If you do not have VoLTE capability, it could be problematic if you do roaming in the US.  

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/volte

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Noon 

Is it a new to you phone and was a purchase from a reputable source, or from a private sale?

That device should work.

But you might want to try another sim card in it to see if it works. Make sure you using a SIM card from someone else whose services are working fine.

Need Help? Let's chat.