cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

same song and dance

ryryncoke2082
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i am locked out of my account due to two factor. This is so dumb. if im reporting my sim as stolen, of course im gonna use a device i haven't used before. so this is not a good time for two factor. the thieves are not gonna tell me if i got a code, i asked. thanks public mobile for helping them out with a week head start.  

please help me back into my account (i did not forget my password)

please suspend my service (xxxxx)xxxxxxxxxx

please forget about two factor all together or you will lose my business 

Going forward, get an email, something people can reach out to without having to log in.

6 REPLIES 6

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Once you login, go to profile, turn second factor OFF

@darlicious  Just an FYI: CSA will not disable 2FA for a customer. They will help one regain access to their account, and once logged in they can disable it. 😫

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ryryncoke2082 

My point exactly! If you cannot recieve the verification code via email contact customer support to suspend your service via lost/stolen. If possible have the CSA also disable 2FA on your account before suspending it. Depending on your location you may have difficulty finding a new sim card. Canadian Cell supplies had a limited number of pm sim cards for sale on Amazon.ca for $4.99. Otherwise use the store locator at the bottom of the page and if possible call ahead to make sure they have pm sim cards in stock.

Edit:

As noted by @Luddite below only you can turn off 2FA.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ryryncoke2082   2FA can be send via email or SMS, you have a choice to pick the one to receive

Once you logged in, you can suspended the account yourself easily by going to the Lost/Stolen from Quick Menu

E2-Lost-Stolen.jpg

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

2FA you email address works unless an email alias is used.

@ryryncoke2082 wrote:

i am locked out of my account due to two factor. This is so dumb. if im reporting my sim as stolen, of course im gonna use a device i haven't used before. so this is not a good time for two factor. the thieves are not gonna tell me if i got a code, i asked. thanks public mobile for helping them out with a week head start.  

please help me back into my account (i did not forget my password)

please suspend my service (xxxxx)xxxxxxxxxx

please forget about two factor all together or you will lose my business 

Going forward, get an email, something people can reach out to without having to log in.

Please us the 2FA procedure to have the code e-mailed to you.

Need Help? Let's chat.