roaming in Mexico

grumpaden1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is there an addon for Mexico?

6 REPLIES 6

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Here's what I'd do, @grumpaden1 

Rely on local wi-fi.   It's aplenty in tourist/populated areas. 

Before going, download Google Maps for offline use of the areas you'll be frequenting/visiting.   Download areas & navigate offline - Google Maps Help

This do not consume a lot of space, and will allow you to navigate and also search points of interests from the downloaded maps.   These work well - I've used them frequently when South of our border.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@grumpaden1 

when in Mexico, go to nearest Kiosko or OXXO and get a Telcel "chip" and an inexpensive plan for 30 days. You can call most any US, Mx and Cdn number...plus you get some data to use. The Telcel Amigo 200 plan is my choice for use in Mx. Cost of less than $20 Cdn/ 30 days. You will need an unlocked cellphone.

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I use Airalo when travelling

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@grumpaden1 - Unfortunately no roaming in Mexico, only in the States is there roaming. You can use eSIM apps for data like Airalo or pick up a local prepaid SIM card in Mexico and use an app like TextNow to get a local number / your own number for free.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@grumpaden1  No sorry there is only roaming in the US . PM won’t work in Mexico , your best to get local pre paid SIM card in Mexico for your trip 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@grumpaden1 

Sorry , PM roaming add-on is only for the USA. You need a local SIM to work in Mexico 

Need Help? Let's chat.