cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

refund to changing plan or keep me in same plan which I paied already in Sep 08

spirit2133
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I expected to get a refund when I changed my plan Sep 08. I need more data. please give me more data.

I changed my plan from $35.oo to $25.00 Sep 20.

please allow me to have more data at least.

I did not recognize I am losing my money like this

it is not fair.

edited by computergeek541: name and phone number removed

13 REPLIES 13

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@spirit2133 usually issues with PM are  self inflicted.. you dont read terms  is usually  the case. .. once you figure out the routine  it’s great..👍

Hi @spirit2133 running out of data is bad, but that could be your problem. 

Check the Usage history for data since Sept 20 and see how much you used.  (better to download the whole usage file and add up the data from Sept 20)

And check if your phone also recorded how much you uses, I think Android phones have this feature 

And when you click the little spinner refresh icons lower down or use private mode, what plan shows?

How is it bad? If you're using all that data then you're using all that data.

spirit2133
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I paid $25.00 Sep 8 and 35$ Sep 20 due to a plan change in the same month. and Now I am running out of data. that is bad.

@darlicious- To me, the entire thing hinges on the one word - refund. No such thing here with the context being changing the plan one way the other.

Metal1967

@spirit2133  Never ass/ u / me😬

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

Lol... Well that's a first in a long time that there's basically six different answers or interpretations of what the question that was asked? Refreshing actually!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@spirit2133 

Did you change plans immediately from the $35 plan to the $25 plan? And you expected a prorated bill amount? And even if there was changing your plan halfway through your 30-day cycle and if you had not used half of your data the most you would have expected would be a $5 credit. Although instead you lost $17.50 worth of value.

You can always try and ask for a credit through customer support but to be honest it's very unlikely to happen. Perhaps at the time had you realized your error something may have been able to be done like switching you back to the $35 plan at no extra cost but at this point in time it's a little too late.

Now you're left with the dilemma as you have changed you a lower plan and have discovered two weeks into it that you've run out of data. Your choices for more data are to either change immediately to a higher data plan or purchase a $15/1gb data add on. You will likely need to schedule a change plan on next renewal to a higher data plan again.

Now on the off chance that you live in one of the Atlantic provinces then despite hurricane Fiona it's your lucky day as you can add 2 GB of data add-ons to your account using the promo code 2GBFiona. If this applies to you because you have a phone number with an area code from the Atlantic provinces you can log into your self serve account. Go to the plans and add-ons page. Scroll down to the bottom. And enter the promo code.

Otherwise consider the options I have mentioned or go on a data diet for the next two weeks or so...?🤔

Metal1967

@spirit2133  The terms are clear..  it prepaid at Pm.. no refunds for past plans 

@spirit2133 wrote:

I expected to get a refund when I changed my plan Sep 08. I need more data. please give me more data.

I changed my plan from $35.oo to $25.00 Sep 20.

please allow me to have more data at least.

I did not recognize I am losing my money like this

it is not fair.

Sorry, but Public Mobile doesn't offer refunds for plans changed during the middle of a billing cycle.  There should have been an on-screen warning about this when the immediate plan change option was selected.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@spirit2133   Did you mean to say that you changed your plan from $25 to $35 and are not seeing the changed plan?

Try clearing cache/cookies and use incognito/private mode or another browser as it could be that you're seeing the older cached version of your plan.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @spirit2133   Don't panic, the new My Account site has some cache problem.  You might not see the current plan unless you clear the cache first and relaunch the browser.  Or try to use the Incognito mode to check.   Check again like that and see if the new plan shows.  Also, check Payment history to confirm PM took the money 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

This place and most other prepaid providers do not prorate plan costs on immediate plan changes or porting out. The preferred method is to set it for the next renewal. You could also buy data add-ons.

Why did you change plans down for less data then?

Need Help? Let's chat.