cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

refer a friend

bearwood
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I want to refer a friend - another member of my household who is currently with Koodo. The phone however if in my name. Will this interfere with my collecting rewards/and she getting the $10 sign up rebate, or will it work regardless.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @bearwood 

That's totally fine.

The rewards are based on the e-mail address/account number associated with the service so you'll need to use a different e-mail address for any new activations.

You can also change the customer name by clicking Edit Profile in the My Profile section, once the account is created.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@bearwood wrote:

I want to refer a friend - another member of my household who is currently with Koodo. The phone however if in my name. Will this interfere with my collecting rewards/and she getting the $10 sign up rebate, or will it work regardless.

@bearwood It doesn't matter who the phone belongs to. You just need a separate account / email for each one. You could own 5 phones / accounts and benefit from refer a friend on 4 of them.

You can use an email alias for her account. The easiest way to to do it is add or remove a period in your email address.

myname@somemail.com

my.name@somemail.com

Both addresses will get the email at the same account but satisfy the requirement for a "different" email for log n purposes.

Alternatively, some email providers like Google Gmail allow you to add a + in front of the @ sign in your address followed by whatever you like.

myname@gmail.com
myname+hername@gmail.com

Both emails will receive messages at the same account but again meet the requirements for a different email for log in.

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Non-issue. Your referral code is found right side of your overview page. Koodo postpaid you'll be able to port number over during sim activation. Prepaid sign up with a temp number then contact moderators to port.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It does not matter.  You can create the account under their name.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/the-refer-a-friend-reward

@bearwood wrote:

I know this will sound impersonal, but a referral isn't always the result of a person who you have referred, but is rather a new account activated using your referral code.  You could even be the user of both phone numbers involved.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @bearwood 

That's totally fine.

The rewards are based on the e-mail address/account number associated with the service so you'll need to use a different e-mail address for any new activations.

You can also change the customer name by clicking Edit Profile in the My Profile section, once the account is created.

View solution in original post

bearwood

thanks. Will get going on it.

bearwood

thanks. 

bearwood

thanks. got it. Will get a new SIM next trip to town.

bearwood

she has her own email so will be easy to set up new account. All makes sense. Thanks

Need Help? Let's chat.