cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

refer a friend

bearwood
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I want to refer a friend - another member of my household who is currently with Koodo. The phone however if in my name. Will this interfere with my collecting rewards/and she getting the $10 sign up rebate, or will it work regardless.

9 REPLIES 9

bearwood

she has her own email so will be easy to set up new account. All makes sense. Thanks

bearwood

thanks. got it. Will get a new SIM next trip to town.

bearwood

thanks. 

bearwood

thanks. Will get going on it.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @bearwood 

That's totally fine.

The rewards are based on the e-mail address/account number associated with the service so you'll need to use a different e-mail address for any new activations.

You can also change the customer name by clicking Edit Profile in the My Profile section, once the account is created.

@bearwood wrote:

I want to refer a friend - another member of my household who is currently with Koodo. The phone however if in my name. Will this interfere with my collecting rewards/and she getting the $10 sign up rebate, or will it work regardless.

I know this will sound impersonal, but a referral isn't always the result of a person who you have referred, but is rather a new account activated using your referral code.  You could even be the user of both phone numbers involved.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It does not matter.  You can create the account under their name.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/the-refer-a-friend-reward

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Non-issue. Your referral code is found right side of your overview page. Koodo postpaid you'll be able to port number over during sim activation. Prepaid sign up with a temp number then contact moderators to port.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@bearwood wrote:

@bearwood It doesn't matter who the phone belongs to. You just need a separate account / email for each one. You could own 5 phones / accounts and benefit from refer a friend on 4 of them.

You can use an email alias for her account. The easiest way to to do it is add or remove a period in your email address.

myname@somemail.com

my.name@somemail.com

Both addresses will get the email at the same account but satisfy the requirement for a "different" email for log n purposes.

Alternatively, some email providers like Google Gmail allow you to add a + in front of the @ sign in your address followed by whatever you like.

myname@gmail.com
myname+hername@gmail.com

Both emails will receive messages at the same account but again meet the requirements for a different email for log in.

Need Help? Let's chat.