cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reactivate account

Wardo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, my father is 77 and not phone savvy, we recently discovered his phone wasn't working, come to find out he had received a text 2 months ago from public mobile about payments and service disruption. I had him setup on auto pay for years so I'm not sure what happened. I tried to help him log into his account however with the new EverSafe feature it requires him to validate his identity by either sending a code via text message or voicemail but with a non active account his phone will not receive either of them.
How is he supposed to fix this issue?

6 REPLIES 6

Wardo

Yes we tried 611 and attempted to pay with credit card but it won't allow it so something is definitely up with his credit card. I visited a few local stores today (Sobeys, Circle K and Shoppers) and none of them had Public Mobile purchase vouchers but I have other stores to check. 

I also found a website (recharge.com) that allows you to purchase online top up cards for Public Mobile so I may attempt that option if I can't find anything local. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Wardo 

If Resend Code/Didn’t Receive Code for the email option. Or if you don’t remember the PIN by dialling 611 or 1-855-4PUBLIC to make a payment.

You will need to contact a CS_Agent to help you access your father’s account and enable AutoPay/Subscribe button. There might be a glitch that disable AutoPay/Subscribe.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Meanwhile, you can purchase a voucher from 

7-11, Canadian Tire gas stations, London Drugs, Canadian Superstore, Shell, Shoppers Drugmart, Safeway, Staples then dial 611 and enter the voucher number and voucher PIN. 
Just don’t stretch the nonpayment for longer than 90 days or your father’s account will be closed, SIM will become useless and he lost his number.

You will also need to create a Eversafe ID for his account if you haven’t done so. Click on Sign Up so you can access his account in the future.

IMG_0110.png

Right. You have to click on that. Click it a few times and you will see what I posted.

Wardo

thank you. however the only option on the confirm identity page is "resend code" however it only provides options for text or voicemail sadly.

Wardo

Thank you. The only option is to click, "resend code" which does give him alt options however it's only text or voice mail. I also tried entering the wrong code 4 consecutive times as some people get the email option at that point but nothing. 

I will have him try the 611 option though so hopefully that works!

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Wardo 

by tapping “didn’t get the code?” you will be presented an option to receive the code via email.

once you have access the account, you can arrange payment or update the credit card associated with it.

you should also be able to dial 611 from the device to hear the account status messaging – this will work whether the service is suspended or active

Need Help? Let's chat.