cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

re-activating a plan

GregYK
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone got shut off and said I needed to pay an activation fee to get it up and going.  It first asked for 5.00, I paid it, then it asked for 10.00, I paid it and now it is asking for 20.00.  Just wondering what's going on??

4 REPLIES 4

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@GregYK wrote:

My phone got shut off and said I needed to pay an activation fee

WHO is asking you to pay 'activation fee'? SMS from 611?

There is no activation fee at PM just regular renewal charge every 30 days.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@GregYK 

Sounds fishy to me so login to your Self Serve account and look under View Payment History.

Anonymous
Not applicable

What plan are you on? What is your current balance? Are you saying the phone or text or email has asked you to add money? Or is it that you see that on the self-serve page?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

There is NO activation fee, @GregYK 

You need to pay the plan amount to get reactivated IF you've been without service for less than 90 days.  What you are likely doing is adding funds to your Available Funds line (this is like a credit amount to use - NOT what is owing to get service)

Sometimes, adding a $1 additional payment is needed to get going (it'll be used against a future renewal)

Failing that, use the Lost/Stolen mode on self-serve, logout, then log back in and remove the Lost/Stolen designation.  Then reboot device.

EDIT:   This is what i mean, @GregYK  - the amount showing here in the Available Funds line is akin to an account credit which can be used to purchase Public Mobile services or renewals:

HALIMACS_0-1645729692397.png

Need Help? Let's chat.