cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"No voice service" "No mobile data service"

stephen5858
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm getting constant notifications on my Pixel 4a for the past half hour and I can't find any mention of outages in my area.
Both messages say "Temporarily turned off by your operator" and they pop up about every 15 seconds.

Bill's paid, I double checked mobile network settings and they're all good

15 REPLIES 15

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@stephen5858 

You may need to update your APN settings to these ones since you are running a beta version OS in your pixel 4a.

http://www.unlockit.co.nz/mobilesettings/settings.php?id=1019

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@stephen5858 wrote:

Thank you, the APN was already set up, but choosing "3G" and rebooting the phone seems to have fixed this connection issue. No more notifications. Very strange that this became a problem so suddenly

@stephen5858   it could be some issue with the 4G towers in your area

Or  it could be because Telus is upgrading towers to 5G.  It was known that during the work, you might have to use 3G to get stable data signal.   If it is that case, that could be a week or two.  So, you can try back LTE signal every couple days and see

stephen5858

Thank you, the APN was already set up, but choosing "3G" and rebooting the phone seems to have fixed this connection issue. No more notifications. Very strange that this became a problem so suddenly

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@stephen5858 

try reset your APN Settings (publicmobile.ca)

and manually selecting network "3G only" or WCDMA only,
and Rebooting device..test it.

if still not working try backup and Factory Reset, How to Factory

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stephen5858 : You need to set the APN for data to work. Maybe post screenshots of what you have. But with the phone being apparently flaky....

stephen5858

Good news and bad news, the good news is I put my SIM in another phone and have confirmed that the issue is indeed with my pixel 4a, the bad news is there's an issue with my pixel 4a.

I imagine resetting my SIM would no longer be necessary here, but it seems I still can make calls despite not having voice service so it must be dropping in and out. Internet without wi-fi flat out does not work though

Are there any steps I should take to troubleshoot this or is it always a hardware issue? I am running the beta version of Android, could that be a problem? It hasn't updated recently though

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @stephen5858 

reset SIM, take out SIM, re-inserting SIM and power on,
try toggling airplane mode off/on,

and Rebooting device..test it.

darkomega
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

sound like it could be a hardware issue, some times sim readers can fail, but that's why others have suggested trying your sim on another device when you can get access to one.

stephen5858

Shows LTE as mostly full signal.
my IMEI comes up fine, unfortunately I can't try it in another phone just yet. I've restarted my phone a couple times

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Losing of tower signals can trigger this msg. Any or How many bars you are getting?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stephen5858 : Have you done just a simple restart of the phone?

@stephen5858 wrote:

Amazon. It's been working perfectly fine for the past year

This doesn't necessarily mean that the phone couldn't have been reported lost or stolen by someoene else. If possible, please try your SIM card in another phone to see if this is an account/service issue or if the issue is with your device.

@stephen5858   still check it for peace of mind.  We heard many cases here... 

stephen5858

Amazon. It's been working perfectly fine for the past year

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@stephen5858   Where did you got the phone?  from a trusted source ? or from private sell like Kijiji?

Check if the phone is blacklisted first:

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Need Help? Let's chat.