cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"MMS Messaging Requires Your Phone Number" Message Keeps Popping Up

ANNIEsylai
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just switched to Public Mobile with an ESIM.  I did receive a text saying the number transfer was successful.

Tried entering phone number in "Settings", but it won't save.  

Tried "Reset all settings".

Can't send or receive texts.  Some notification about disconnecting in 27 days appeared.

Hope someone can help!  We're going in circles here with Google and playing around with settings.  Thanks in advance!!

11 REPLIES 11

LBK
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Phil_Adelphus Thank you Phil! Yeah mine were off by default. I turned it on now.

@LBK  There's an option in your settings to get notifications by email, I thought it was on by default but maybe not.  If you have an envelope icon top right of this page then there'll be an indication of a new incoming message.  If you don't have an envelope there's nothing obvious, but you have to tap on your avatar right of the bell icon and then a drop down includes Messages.  I think the inconsistency is confusing and replies often get missed because of that.

LBK

@hTideGnow Oh! They replied to me yesterday! How come they don't send us an email or show a notification in the app. Thank you so much, i will be monitoring the chat closely. I replied now, hoping to get a reply back soon.

hi @LBK many got a reply quickly, did your check yuru Community inbox here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Message them again 

LBK

Hi @hTideGnow thanks for your reply. I submitted a ticket already, it's been 3 days. Still waiting to hear from them.

hi @LBK just submit ticket and they can fix it fast.  if you are really upset, let them know and maybe they will do something to compensate 

LBK

Hi @hTideGnow I am having issues with both SMS and MMS. I first signed up last Sunday (2024-05-05) and haven't been able to fix this issue! This is UNACCEPTABLE!

HI @LBK 

just MMS has problem or sms , too?

Recent new subscribers has problem with sms.     PM is aware of the problem and can only fix the issue one account at a time.   

Please submit a ticket with CS Agent by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

LBK

Im having the same issue, can you please tell me what you had to do to fix this issue please?

ANNIEsylai
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

They were able to help! Thanks!

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@ANNIEsylai   Maybe best to contact customer service, open a ticket using the chat icon bottom right of this page.

Need Help? Let's chat.