cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Free" $10 SIM using PC Optimum Points

Oracle365
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I went to the Superstore in my area and bought the $10 Public Mobile SIM card from their mobile shop, using my saved up PC Optimum points. They took $10 off the cost, in points, so I just paid the tax. So, basically free. Yay!

29 REPLIES 29

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@darlicious wrote:

@popping 

Have you ever purchased at TMS and paid in points and subsequently recieved points back? As in the common offer for TMS "spend $50 recieve 25,000 pts"? Like.....  buy 5 sim cards×$10=$50+$2.50 (5%gst)=$52.50-$50(50,000pts)=$2.50(pay w/cash) recieve 25,000 points+5 sim cards

No.  TMS is like SDM and wants payment to get the points.

@Oracle365 

Here's my point:

Spoiler
IMG_20210201_140729195_HDR.jpgIMG_20210201_140716232_HDR~2.jpg

@Anonymous 

Good point.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : So the point of your points are to point out that points can point to pointed discussion about points to point out that points are points. 🙂

@Oracle365 

At RCSS points redeemed are considered cash. They almost always are at no frills as well but you may not get them if doing a points inquiry and only points were redeemed. SDM points are points only unless you have a redeem points get points offer or there is a specific buy this get XXX? points with no spend value.

Oracle365
  • PC points only can be earned on what you actually pay (not on points redeemed). Unless that's changed very recently (like in the past couple days).

@popping 

Have you ever purchased at TMS and paid in points and subsequently recieved points back? As in the common offer for TMS "spend $50 recieve 25,000 pts"? Like.....  buy 5 sim cards×$10=$50+$2.50 (5%gst)=$52.50-$50(50,000pts)=$2.50(pay w/cash) recieve 25,000 points+5 sim cards

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

@Oracle365   Canadian Cell Supplies

Oracle365

What is CCS? @darlicious Thanks!

@Oracle365 

Watch out that CCS can be addictive....I have at least 30 sim cards now......got some vouchers in the past too but they sell out in about 2 min.

PCW
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Didn't know TPM gave free 1K points just for discussing your phone needs.

Stupid question, but why do you need to give them your phone number? Do they spam you with calls? That's the one thing I can't tolerate these days...so many auto-spam callers.

No problem, @Oracle365 

Their site may appear 'seedy', but they've delivered me, and others I know, close to a dozen SIM cards, 1/2 of which are in use now.

Their voucher deals are pretty good too, but I'm frequently late checking, and they sell out...

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Oracle365 

If you ever need some points advice you can hit me up.....these are from @will13am "Phone deal" in the lounge.....

Spoiler

@dabr 

Are you a pc optimum member? I'm not 100% sure how I generated this offer but I think it was from buying amazon firesticks at RCSS on black friday but it gave me a 1k/$5 spend on electronics the following week which I combined with a spend $200 get 60k when you shop online at SDM. Points-wise it reduced the price of my samsung tablet from $200+tax$=$224-$100(100k points)=$124

They have the new samsung A11 for the $210 but i got that 1K/$5 offer again and a spend $150 get 50K so I'm tempted .....$210+tax=$235.20-$91(91k)=$144.20 

Spoiler

@dabr 

FYI....when it comes to points offers generally you will generate new offers in the following week(s) based on what you purchased the week before and where. I used to get only SDM offers but once I used the card at No Frills I started to get ones geared towards groceries. Once I discovered that tidbit I shopped at RCSS and tada I started to get offers for items offered at RCSS. Thus once I bought the firesticks it generated the electronics offer. SDM is generally not somewhere I would buy electronics as they have a terrible return policy (You basically have to deal with the manufacturer) and you have to hunt down the item you are looking for.....but their recent launch of online electronics sales has made this a much more viable possibility. So the original purchase from RCSS enabled me to use the offer generated at SDM rather than RCSS since they do offer a very small selection of  cellphones, tablets and laptops whereas RCSS has tvs, sound systems and gaming consoles....but no phones because TMS handles those....but they dont seem to sell "unlocked" non contractual phones.

If I do decide to purchase the A11 I will be using my avion card rather than my pcmc to take advantage of the device insurance  that for me as I stated before is more important than the warranty. The purchase of a lemon from an established mobile phone manufacturer ( with the exception of LG) is a low probability vs the probability of a lost/stolen/damaged phone and of course in the case of the bf its a matter of when not if......

Edit: @CFPartDeux  It is points days right now so yes I have been calculating the free cereal ( $5 kelloggs visa gift cards start Feb 18th) along with free johnsonville sausages, hellmans dressing, nature valley granola bars, dove soap and cheez itz crackers to name a few.....

That's how you get a discount on a phone that are priced the same everywhere!

Oracle365

Excellent 👌 @popping Can't wait to visit TMS to see what kind of deals they have going on. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Oracle365 wrote:

That would be so great. There's nothing better than bonus points, just for visiting! I'm going to go, next time I'm at the store, and find out more!

Every 2 to 3 months, I receive 25k PCO points offer for spending $50 at The Mobile Shop(TMS) at my local Superstore.  I used to buy SIM cards with the PCO promo for my referral party.  But COVID lockdown kills the PM activation parties.

TMS also gives you 1K points by discussing your mobile need with a rep and provide them you phone number and your PCO member #.  They will give you 1K point every 3 months just by talking to them.  If I buy something at my local TMS store, I will ask for the 1K points to help pay for GST.

Oracle365

That would be so great. There's nothing better than bonus points, just for visiting! I'm going to go, next time I'm at the store, and find out more!

Oracle365

Oh wow! Under $3. I wish I would have known. Thanks for the tip @HALIMACS ... That's awesome!

@Oracle365 wrote:

Good point @will13am ... I just took a peek at the mobile shop site and they have the Points Days happening right now with deals. Do you mean that simply visiting the store periodically will earn you PC points, or... I'm guessing one would need to purchase items in order to earn points. Maybe I'm wrong!

I think just paying a visit to the store and doing window shopping earns 1000 PCO points.  @popping can shed some light on this deal.  He is the resident Mobile Shop deal expert.  

Or, @Oracle365 , you can usually get one through canadiancellsupplies.com for under $3, delivered to your mailbox.

Then save the 10,000 points to buy something thru Loblaws branded stores valued at $10.

Whatever works!!!

Oracle365

Ahhh, yes, I see. And agree! Free is good.

PC Optimum app gives tons of extra point offers every week based on your shopping history. Earning 10K every month should not be that difficult. 

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Oracle365 :Anytime👍

Oracle365

Good point @will13am ... I just took a peek at the mobile shop site and they have the Points Days happening right now with deals. Do you mean that simply visiting the store periodically will earn you PC points, or... I'm guessing one would need to purchase items in order to earn points. Maybe I'm wrong!

Oracle365

lol, thank you @TheGx 😄

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This has been mentioned in the community before.  It is nice to pay for items with points.  It is not like the SIM card is discounted in terms of the number of points it takes to get one.  I believe periodic visits to the Mobile Shop earns 1000 points.  

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Oracle365

Haha! Yes, but I only buy things that I need or will buy anyway, so it's always pure savings when I get PC points 😂

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

But you spent money on buying something else to earn that 10K PC Points 🤔

Need Help? Let's chat.