cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question regarding plan renewal

Just_a_guy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Likely an easy question to answer - I recently changed plans from a 3G plan to a 5G plan.  The offer I switched to listed 25GB + 25GB Bonus Data at 5G speed.  The switch to the new plan came up on 02-Jun and I set it for 90 days to take advantage of the discount being offered.  So when the plan switched I got all of the data up front plus 25GB for each of the three months - total 150GB upfront for 90 days.  All is good on this front.

My question is - when my renewal comes up in August will it roll over at 25GB + 25GB Bonus data (so 150GB for the next 90 day renewal) or would it roll over at just with 25GB with no Bonus (ie 75GB for 90 days)?  The information didn't seem to indicate that the Bonus Data was for a limited time - at least from what I can see.

My only reason for asking is that I see now that the $65 plan is currently showing 50GB data included (not 25GB + 25GB Bonus data).  Again this plan does offer the $10 off when renewing for 90 days.  If the bonus data does not roll with renewal than I will switch to this 50GB plan - to start at next renawl date.

This is the screenshot of the plan that I switched to...

plan screenshot.jpg

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

@hairbag1  No , not at all you make a good point . Words matter 

@Handy1, @Just_a_guy 

just wanted to make sure so someone else didn't get the incorrect idea.  Maybe I'm just overthinking it though !!  🤐

@hairbag1  Yes I did and fortunately @Just_a_guy understood that I meant the plan roll over with 150GB every 90 days . And not roll over data . But yes I can see where that can cause confusion . 

add amended my first post to clarify (plan rolls over )

@Handy1 

careful using the word "roll over"....any unused regular plan data is gone when plan renews. Use it or lose it.

I think you likely meant though, the plan itself will roll over, eh.  🤔

Just_a_guy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Handy1- thanks.  I was pretty sure that was the case but wanted to confirm while I still had the opportunity to get what I have now!  Interestingly on the two 5G plans Public is offering they have exactly the same plans at two different price points - although one is a promotion.  Go figure!

@BKNS27- thanks.  Questions wasn't really about how much data or when I receive it but rather if the Bonus Data that I got this time would also come at renewal.

@softech- yes aware that any data left at renewal doesn't roll over.  Really only asking (ignoring the 90 renewal part) if the renewal is 25GB + 25GB Bonus (for each month) or if the renewal would only be 25GB and I no longer receive the bonus that was available when I switched.  May not have worded it properly!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Just_a_guy sorry, no roll over.  They give you all the data (50gb x 3)  on day 1 for 90 days use.  You will loss those you don't use up once the renewal comes 90 days later 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Just_a_guy 

Just think of the 90 days as a single monthly plan so you will get the 150gb of data to use within the 90 days…so you can use more one month and less the other months as long as it total 150gb.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Just_a_guy  the plan will roll over with 150GB every 90 days until you change plan . Bonus data will remain 

Need Help? Let's chat.