cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

public mobile is **bleep** company and you have to stay away

krikomtl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I will lose my number because of neglect and lack of support in this company . I don't have any sms    and they can   not fix that. By the new procedure to transfer your number you have to answer with sms that you are agree . If you don't have sms you can not transfer back your number. Be aware .

Here no custom service no nothing .......

Stay away of this crap company !!!!

Thanks !!

13 REPLIES 13

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@krikomtl 

That's too bad. I have had s great experience so far. A couple of hiccups but the moderators solved them for me in no time. 

@krikomtl 

You have 2 issues that need solving either porting in or out im not quite sure which....ill assume out. And fixing your sending of SMS texts.

As mentioned porting out does not require you to send/recieve a text. Port away!

Sending texts there are a few things you need to try....the android version since you haven't told us your make/model of phone

-Reboot phone/soft reset.

-Check for any software updates.

- Please check the Message Centre number stored in the mobile as this could be missing or incorrect.

-Clear the cache in your messaging app.

-Check your default is set in your messaging app.

Good luck to you. I'm sorry your experience has not been a good one. Online only support isn't meant for you. There is a learning curve for some....i know I was one!

krikomtl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

my account is active . I can receive sms  but not to send . That is the problem . This BS company doesnt have any support i have opened ticket   for more of 10 days and nothing . All the time i have to explain at each moderator what is the  problem and they don't have a  glue for what i speaking . It so crazy .One month i can not transfer my number and they n\know that very well . Stay away from this BS company. Give a try on FIZZ or LUcky mobile at least they will have some line support to call not like this greeedy people , that do noting except to harvest your easy money ....

BAY PUBLIC MOBILE , I WILL NEVER COME BACK !!!!

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I think P M is a good company with the awesome reward program.

@Anonymous 

@gblackma 

Most likely is that op lost the sim and wouldn't want to bother getting new one just to port then toss it out. It would be frustrating

It is also possible that op is trying to port suspended account.

A clerk at a kiosk told my uncle that he must first close his account before they can port it for him, which is crazy really. They may have promised the port thought account is suspended

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gblackma wrote:

@Anonymous according to @computergeek541  the new port message is cancelled and the old message where you have to contact the PM moderators to stop the port is back up. So @krikomtl  doesn't need sms to work to port away from PM. Stay safe 

Indeed. You're right. I was just going on what he was saying. Perhaps during the window of that SMS being in operation he was trying to do all this.

I still wonder how he doesn't get texts though.

@Anonymous according to @computergeek541  the new port message is cancelled and the old message where you have to contact the PM moderators to stop the port is back up. So @krikomtl  doesn't need sms to work to port away from PM. Stay safe 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@krikomtl 

You should contact moderators about it

It's usually the opposite, people had their numbers stolen so they are implementing these measures and I'm happy to see what is in general a positive change.

Your number must be active, you have 90 days to reactivate. If it has expired and is suspended you can contact moderators to renew you with the cheapest plan, then you can do transfer.

If you have lost your sim you can also talk to them so that you don't have to respond with the sms, I'm sure there is a workaround.

If you are trying to transfer your number to Koodo or telus, you don't need to be active, your account can be transferred while suspended (that would be considered upgrade within the company and very much encouraged)

You can reach moderators directly https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@krikomtl wrote:

Hi,

I will lose my number because of neglect and lack of support in this company . I don't have any sms    and they can   not fix that. By the new procedure to transfer your number you have to answer with sms that you are agree . If you don't have sms you can not transfer back your number. Be aware .

Thanks !!

@krikomtl sorry to hear about your situation.  I'm a new PM user but so far so good.  No sms sucks big time!  Yes there is no customer service you can yell at but PM has a very active Community who are very helpful because we are all PM users.  I hope PM moderators help you solve your problem asap.  Cheers!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@krikomtl wrote:

Hi,

Thanks !!

Did you have a really old build your own plan where you chose to not include text or something?

I got a text from the company on a suspended account.

I'd say something's up with your phone.

Maybe someone could report what number the port SMS comes from. Maybe you blocked it sometime along the way possibly not liking getting the little reminder texts from here.

gwhitema
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@krikomtl are you trying to transfer your number away from Public or are you moving it to Public ? 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@krikomtl did you try force closing your text app and restarting your phone? Thanks. 

Need Help? Let's chat.