cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

promotion inquiry

winslow79
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

Can someone help me? I just ported to Public Mobile Aug. 15. Less than a week ago. Would I be eligible to get this promotion for $10 off 6 months with the $50 promo plan? If so, how would I go about it? 

9 REPLIES 9

Lorca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@wetcoaster wrote:

@Lorca wrote:

Ok I got it. Sorry @winslow79  it looks like what’s been said is how it is. If you want to open a new account with a new sim, a new email, and a new number you can get this plan. I wonder if you could send an email to a moderator and ask for this plan since you’re such a new customer. 

Unless something has changed around here very recently, the announcement is what counts and it's same rules for all, Public Mobile doesn't have a retention department that cuts special deals in the back ground. And... where is the cut off for being "a recent  customer "?

Whether you joined 3 years ago or 3days, you are an existing customer and not eligible for this promo. IMHO no point tying up moderator time over this.

Lol ok.

@Lorca wrote:

Ok I got it. Sorry @winslow79  it looks like what’s been said is how it is. If you want to open a new account with a new sim, a new email, and a new number you can get this plan. I wonder if you could send an email to a moderator and ask for this plan since you’re such a new customer. 

Unless something has changed around here very recently, the announcement is what counts and it's same rules for all, Public Mobile doesn't have a retention department that cuts special deals in the back ground. And... where is the cut off for being "a recent  customer "?

Whether you joined 3 years ago or 3days, you are an existing customer and not eligible for this promo. IMHO no point tying up moderator time over this.

Lorca

@Lorca wrote:

@missorange wrote:

If you port under the promotion period, you will get $10 off on your next month (next renewal day)

That’s right. You don’t want to switch now because you’ll lose whatever you paid for your current plan. But you can switch to the new plan now setting it to begin on your next billing date.

No. The promo description clearly states that this is for new activations August 20 - 21 only.

So @winslow79 would need to activate a new line (new account with separate email address). If they want to keep the number they will, eventually, need to port out and port back into the new account.

All this comes at the according cost, do the math to make sure it's worth the $60 over half a year.

Edit: Ah, slow typing on the phone. Again.

goldilock

@winslow79  What plan did you choose when you joined public mobile? No, you are not elgible. The promotion is for new customers only, not ones already with PM. For the offer details, effective August 20, 2019-August 21, 2019 it states the offer is available to NEW customers who activate online and in-store. 

If you do decide to change your plan to another one make sure to set it to take effect on renewal date, not immediately or else you will be charged again for the new plan and don't get a refund on the first charge for the first plan. 

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@winslow79  hi no sorry not according to this 

Effective August 20 2019 until August 21 2019 at 11:59PM ET. Offer available to new customers who activate online and in-store. Offer is not stackable with other promotions.

$10 credit will be applied to eligible Ready-made rate plan of $50/month. Discount will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. This offer is subject to change without notice.

Taxes are extra. The account must have sufficient funds to cover the total cost each month. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@winslow79 wrote:

Hi,

Can someone help me? I just ported to Public Mobile Aug. 15. Less than a week ago. Would I be eligible to get this promotion for $10 off 6 months with the $50 promo plan? If so, how would I go about it? 

@winslow79  That promo is valid for new customers only so you would need to activate another sim and start out as a new customer.

Lorca

@missorange wrote:

If you port under the promotion period, you will get $10 off on your next month (next renewal day)

That’s right. You don’t want to switch now because you’ll lose whatever you paid for your current plan. But you can switch to the new plan now setting it to begin on your next billing date.

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Need Help? Let's chat.