cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pretty sure I signed up for an extra data offer in 2022—I had to text back 8GBUNLIMITED

AlThePal
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

...but I don't see it in add-ons. Perhaps it was on Black Friday?

I thought it was 7 or 8 GB per month for a certain number of months... but perhaps I was just dreaming it. Or that amount over multiple months. Did anyone else see or get this or have any more info about it?

5 REPLIES 5

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@AlThePal 

are you in Quebec?  

I don't recall there was a 7 or 8GB bonus on top of the regular data

there was a one time 2GB bonus around Decembers , but that bonus was 2GB one time

Howe much are you paying now? there are some good deals with decent amount of data in the $40 range now, maybe it is time to make a plan change?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@AlThePal  could it have been a promo for x amount of months and now it’s ended ? Either way right now there’s 20GB plan for $39 that won’t expire and you can switch to just change plan for next renewal 

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I don’t remember getting that text. Maybe others have if they can confirm.  The only promos I remeber are the holiday ones, and usually you would have just reply yes. Those included like 2gb of data that rolled over every month, also some long distance. The other thing public did was some contests for extra add on by replying to a thread and they picked one person per day for 1gb of data. 

if you may have received it then maybe you’ve already used it all up. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

When exactly did you sign up? Which plan are you on? But maybe you've used it all. If it was a recurring data then it would come back at your next renewal.

I don't remember texting a promo code. Those were usually for sign ups. One promo code was mistakenly made available for all to change their plan to but that was in the account, not a text.

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Could you be thinking about the 'More is Merrier' Holiday rewards that we're offered this last Christmas Season?

They offered something along the lines of 2GB Data Add-on + 500 International Long Distance Calling Minutes for free if you responded 'YES2' to the text message they sent you, and it would be automatically added to your account, never to expire if you didn't use them. Could this be what your thinking of by chance?

The offer you've mentioned in your thread, I've never heard of that one specifically and I've been with Public for a few years now, with a pretty close eye on everything that goes on around here. 

Need Help? Let's chat.