cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

possible to keep bonus/promos on plan change?

luigibell78
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I see a couple posts on people wanting to change from 3g to 4g plans. but nothing that answers my questions completely. 

I have a couple 2gb promos and 500min LD minutes promos attached to my $40 3g plan. they have not expired for over a year and still show up on my account info. I don't want to loose those but I want the 4g plan speeds.

I was wondering if I change to the 4g $45plan will those promos get wiped out? if not, will they still be at 3g speed once I use up the 6gb 4g data?

if they get lost/deleted is there any possibility to keep them if I switch plans?

plan.jpg

16 REPLIES 16

luigibell78

bringing this back to the top....

for some strange reason....unnoticed by myself until now....the 2gb holiday bonus seems to have disappeared from my account. nothing else had changed from July until now.

not sure what happened there.....i will try to reach out to customer service agent and see what happened..

HI @luigibell78   I think what people are worry about loosing are the 2GB recurring bonus when people activate.  Those 2GB recurring bonus are different from the holiday bonus you got as a one time bonus.   From your screenshot, I don't think you have those there

@luigibell78 

An add-on is never affected by a plan change.  As for the add-ons that you've circled, those were offered to all customers on all plans.

luigibell78

just to give everyone a update.

I reached out to customer service agent and double checked. they confirmed I will keep my bonus data add ons if I switch plans.

so I switched MY plan yesterday. I went from the $40 3g plan to the $45 4g plan. after checking in on my account this morning all my promo's are still active in my account.

there could be a possibility that you may loose your promo if you choose a lower cost than what those promos were originally offered at?

plan.jpg

@dust2dust   

I agree it would be nice if someone can clarify this once for all.  

this question comes up a lot, we don't have any confirmation other than that single reply from Melinda.  

PM definitely aware of the "confusion" here,   but they did not change the terms ever,  The latest announcement still  have this there "expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed.  "

So, I have the feeling their "official" stance  might not be what people wants

Agents will simply state policy and toe the company line. Change plan - lose promo data. This addition of 4G into the mix needs an official answer directly from someone who can speak from knowledge. Not anybody else.

@darlicious wrote:

@d_patterson99 

It was @Melinda_H  who said you can change plans as long as you stay at or sbove the $35 plan threshold. However this was before 4G came out....like 8 months ago. I would seek @J_PM 's official word on this question.

@d_patterson99   this was the post @darlicious  referring to:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/FLASH-SALE-2GB-of-monthly-bonus-data-fo...

I said the same thing about Melinda confirmed that people would get to keep the 2GB if they have just moving "up". 

But there was someone else challenged me saying that could also apply for that particular 2GB bonus (Boxing day promo in Dec 2021) and might not extend to  other similar 2GB bonus promos

So, I agree what @hTideGnow  said, trust no one here.  Just open ticket with PM and ask for a confirmation for your particular case.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@d_patterson99 

It was @Melinda_H  who said you can change plans as long as you stay at or sbove the $35 plan threshold. However this was before 4G came out....like 8 months ago. I would seek @J_PM 's official word on this question.

d_patterson99
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@hTideGnow and @dust2dust 

Thank you for the feedback.

Hi @d_patterson99   this is a question that none of us here can give you a definitel answer.  And honest, don't trust anyone of us.  We cannot help if you loss 2GB after trusting a wrong answer

So, open ticket with CS Agent and confirm before you make the decision.

d_patterson99

@hTideGnow 

I am hoping too... but losing that 2gb per month with no expiry data bonus would make it a tough decision

HI @d_patterson99 

I would definitely open a ticket with PM CS Agent and ask  them just to be safe

Are you planning to go to the 4G plan?

@d_patterson99- Your mileage may vary as the saying goes. It's my opinion that as long as the company is getting your money equal to or above the promo threshold then it should stay. It only makes business sense to me. But the wording always says that it would be lost on a plan change. Very high risk.

d_patterson99

What about promotion data bonus?

Screenshot_20220716-211101_Chrome.jpg

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@luigibell78    Yes, you keep any holiday gifts or purchased add-ons which are attached to the account and not your plan.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@luigibell78 

You will keep all of your add ons purchased or gifted. Once you switch to 4G it will take about 48 hours for your data to become fully unthrottled. After that your data add ons will be full speed 4G LTE.

Need Help? Let's chat.