cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting from bell

Shutdown
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Do you have to pay off the phone before you port or will it auto charge on it's own?

3 REPLIES 3

Taekgun
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Typically when you port out from another provider, they will close the account and send you a final bill which includes any unpaid usage charges along with any outstanding balance for subsidized device(s).

It's best to confirm with your provider what action they will take -  A provider can sometimes refuse your port-out if there is something else going on with your account, but again, as long as your account is in good standing, typically it's a matter of them sending you your final bill.

Let us know if you have any other questions.  Cheers.

*** I'm glad to help but I'm not a MOD, so please don't send me your personal information. ***

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Shutdown, when you port out that will close your account with Bell.  You should receive one or two more bills from Bell.  A pro-rated bill for the month you left if it was mid month or partial month and a final Bill that will have any amount left on your phone.  That is how it worked when my wife and I left Rogers almost a year ago now

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Audit13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Porting will automatically end your contract with Bell and Bell's billing system should generate a final invoice.

Be sure to keep your Bell account active during the port process; otherwise, the port process will fail.

Need Help? Let's chat.