cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting a phone number

ldvorak
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am nearly going crazy trurying to port a phone number for my Mom. I've gone through the process several times and have been unsuccessful. I called Shaw to see if they have had a prot request and they have not. I have tried to submit a ticket about a dozen times and have been in tech hell for hours. I need to talk to a technician!!!

8 REPLIES 8

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Glad to hear l, the activate page and the steps are really helpful but sometimes there are hiccups, glad it got sorted out 

@ldvorak 

Great that everything worked out.

Welcome to PM.

ldvorak
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you everyone. I did talk to an agent and got it all sorted out.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@ldvorak @pdvorak 

Can you please tell us what steps you have taken during the porting process so we can help you further?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ldvorak 

You are trying to port the Shaw number in thru the self serve account? Clear your browser and use secret/incognito mode. Then check the authorized to port box enter the following info:

1. Full name on the Shaw account.
  2. Phone number to be ported.
  3. Shaw account #.
  4. Alternate phone #. (optional...use yours if you like)

Keep the Shaw SIM card in the phone to reply YES to the PAT within 90 minutes of receiving it.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

In your other post, someone sent you a phone number to call. Look at top of this page and find the little envelope icon. If it's highlighted, then you have a message from @hTideGnow.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

There is No point starting new thread with your posts.

PM staff/technicians DO NOT read nor participate in this forum.

There are certain steps to follow when porting; WHAT did you do so far?

To contact CSA-agent, there are 2 methods:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

If ticketing does not work very first time, contact agent directly.

Need Help? Let's chat.