cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

port problem

S-Lam
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

On Jan 3, I activated my SIM with Public Moble.  I switched provider from Virgin Mobile (prepaid)  and transferred my phone #.  I cannot receive calls and texts.  2 days ago I found out that my number is still active with Virgin Mobile.  I spoke to an agent there and they said I have to contact my service provider to request the transfer.  It is frustrating that we cannot access a live person at Public Mobile to help.  My phone has the PM SIM.  I understand this is a porting issue.  

8 REPLIES 8

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@S-Lam 

It sure sounds like the porting process was not completed.

The most important part (which most new members seem to miss reading instructions) of the porting is to leave your Virgin SIM in your phone and wait for a SMS text to confirm with YES that you are porting out of Virgin. There is a 90 minutes window once you get this text to reply. Once this time expires, you need to contact the CS_Agent to restart the porting process.

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@computergeek541 wrote:

@0PX9O4 wrote:

Sorry @computergeek541 have I broken some rule here? I was only trying to get the customer the help that they need.

As for the stupid chatbot, it's a pain in the you-know-where, and I will never recommend it to anyone as long as I am alive.

You haven't broken any rule, but Public Mobile is asking customers to use the ticketing process rather than conctacting the porting team directly or using the private message method (if it can be avoided).

Thanks @computergeek541  please let me know if I ever break a rule or a term of service.

@0PX9O4 wrote:

Sorry @computergeek541 have I broken some rule here? I was only trying to get the customer the help that they need.

As for the stupid chatbot, it's a pain in the you-know-where, and I will never recommend it to anyone as long as I am alive.

You haven't broken any rule, but Public Mobile is asking customers to use the ticketing process rather than conctacting the porting team directly or using the private message method (if it can be avoided).

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@S-Lam 

To re-initiate the port, click here: https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Lc9xk8

Make sure to place your prior provider SIM card back in the device to receive (and reply "YES") to the port authorization request to enable the port to occur.

0PX9O4

As for the stupid chatbot that works at best half the time, it's a pain in the you-know-where, and I will never recommend it to anyone as long as I am alive.

0PX9O4

@S-Lam 

Please call that number that I have just sent you, and let us know what they said. Hopefully we can get your number ported in within a couple hours here...

@S-Lam wrote:

On Jan 3, I activated my SIM with Public Moble.  I switched provider from Virgin Mobile (prepaid)  and transferred my phone #.  I cannot receive calls and texts.  2 days ago I found out that my number is still active with Virgin Mobile.  I spoke to an agent there and they said I have to contact my service provider to request the transfer.  It is frustrating that we cannot access a live person at Public Mobile to help.  My phone has the PM SIM.  I understand this is a porting issue.  

For porting issues, customers should be contacting a Public Mobile customer support agent by opening a ticket at Chat with Public Mobile (tiia.ai)

0PX9O4

@S-Lam 

I will send you a private message with a phone number to call to check the status of your port, and restart it if need be.

Need Help? Let's chat.