cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

port out not processed

erniteshsharma
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i have put port out request from last 15 hours to some other operator and i have provided the correct account number for my number 236xxxxxxx why my number has not been ported out till now

4 REPLIES 4

@erniteshsharma wrote:

i have put port out request from last 15 hours to some other operator and i have provided the correct account number for my number 236xxxxxxx why my number has not been ported out till now

I new provider that you are transfering to is actually responsible for all customer service relating to the activation and transfer of your phone number to your new cell phone service provider.  This number portability guideless were purposely set up like that so that customers do not have to contact the older provider to transfer the phone number.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@erniteshsharma, if your Public Mobile account is not active, you will be unable to port out until it is active again.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@erniteshsharma, porting out is done through your new service.  The process does not really involve Public Mobile other than the release of the phone number following a legitimate request from the new provider.  So you need to reach out to the new provider and have them fix things on their end.  On this end, in order for you to be eligible to port out, the account containing your number must be in active status.  If it is not you will need to renew the service to at least the $10 plan so that the number is eligible for porting. 

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You should remove your personal information, as this is a public forum.

Are you trying to port your Public Mobile number to another provider?  If so, you should contact the other provider.

Are you trying to port your old number in to Public Mobile?  If so, you should contact the Moderator Team if it has not worked.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

Need Help? Let's chat.