cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

car62
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I received a email saying they are putting evereveryone on the points so is that a bad or good thing.Ias of now i get $6 amonth off my bill so will i get less with points.If its not broken why try to fix it

7 REPLIES 7

Ron_B
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My answer will be simple, in june i will say bye bye PM.

I will go with a other provider who have better plan with not reward.  The new PM reward is a no respect for the old clients.   This new reward system make me a 7$ lost per month to my payment.

santi21

This is by far the worst move PM could ever make.

I have been a fierce promoter of PM to all my friends and family for 8+ years. This is totally unacceptable. I will simply switch providers and bring all my friends and family with me.

Byebye PM

teatime_54321

It's a double win for Public Mobile making you need to manually redeem the points yourself:

• You forget to manually redeem means no savings for you.

• If you leave them for another carrier after earning a few points but not enough to redeem them, then they don't need to give you any savings versus them giving you automatic monthly loyalty discounts.

If you assume you're on the $15/month plan with no referrals...that's 0.75 points monthly. 10 points for staying with them 1 year. It'll take you a you 18 months to gather 15 points for $15 off your bill. If you leave them for another carrier within the 18 months when you didn't have enough points to redeem, then they gave you nothing in savings. 

Versus in the same 18 month period with just 2 years of loyalty you would have saved $36. With 2 years loyalty + autopay you would have saved $72 instead. 

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Plenty of comments under the announcement but basically boils down to PM consolidating the two different rewards programs into their newer points program.  But the cynical view is that PM is not valuing loyal customers by discontinuing the old rewards program.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @car62 

unfortunately no joke.   I  don't like it, but what can we do (other than stay or leave)

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Upcoming-Changes-to-our-Old-Rewards-Pro...

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Go to Announcement and read some of comments.

It is a BAD thing as you will lose loyalty and autpay dollars. Only referrals will stay where each referred customer earns 1 point = $1 and on anniversary you will get 10 points = $10.
Plus when you collect 15 points YOU have to redeem them for $15 and use as you like (pay the bill, buy add-ons, etc.).

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@car62  It’s a bad thing you been robbed . We all have you will lose your $5 loyalty every 30 days 

Need Help? Let's chat.