cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plan

punkbitch
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a $15 plan and on 02/27/2023 I had to make an emergency call to the Las Vegas Police Dept to have a wellness check on my Mother. She is 87 years old and her phone wasn't working. I called in total of 17 minutes and I was charged $30.00 That's $1.76 per minute. They shut my phone off until I pay the $30.00. I'm on disability. I can't afford another $30.00 to have my phone turned back on. I tried to get help with this and failed.

7 REPLIES 7

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@punkbitch - did you purchase the $30 roaming addon?

If you review your purchase history is should tell you what happened:

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/payment/payment-history

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Curiously @punkbitch , were you calling FROM Canada or were you in the US when you happened to be making that call?

Yes, there is a difference when it comes to calling availability and add-on's required to be making such calls.

If in Canada, you likely ran out of international/US calling from your bucket of available minutes.  In this case, YES, you would need to purchase another add-on to get more minutes.

If in US, you likely ran out of the allotted time from your US add-on and, YES, you would need to purchase another applicable US Roaming add-on to get more calling functionality within the continental US.

Just a reminder, we're other customers like you so we can't 'fix' the issue for you, we can only make recommendations of what appears to have occurred then leave it in your capable hands to remedy.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@punkbitch 

Joined this Community 2 hours ago and 🎣?

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Sounds like you're on the 100 minute plan and ran out of minutes. Were you calling a toll free number in Las Vegas? Or do you have long distance add on?

If you upgrade to the $25 plan you'll get unlimited calling in Canada.

Rusty
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

That's not at all possible. That would be like getting to drive your car on the highway before you've paid for the fuel. Or like putting the ketchup on your cheeseburger AFTER you've eaten it.

100% prepaid service. I recommend you purchase a long distance addon (block of minutes)  so that you can make long distance calls if required. I do wish that PM offered a USA / Canada plan. That would be great!

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Public Mobile is a pre-paid service.  If you didn't purchase the long Distance calling you wouldn't be able to call the Las Vegas Police

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@punkbitch Public Mobile doesn't offer pay to go minutes so not sure how you were charged $30 for 17 mins of talk time. PM only offers prepaid services which means you buy talking add-ons upfront to make a call to US. 

Need Help? Let's chat.