cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plan change

Squeeze
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If I change my plan when it renews it says "that these changes replaces any future dated plan changes.  after changing your plan you will lose your current promotion". right now I have 4 GB of data plus 500 megabytes for auto-pay I am changing to 4.5 GB plus 500 megabytes for auto-pay what does that mean

6 REPLIES 6

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Bahadur713 wrote:

If you have any promotional plan which usually is not a regular one. That is the plan you will loose after renewal date. I think.

You always lose the plan if you make a change. It's the free stuff that you got when you activated that you might lose.  The other issue is losing the money paid for the plan you switch from if you do an immediate change, but a change can be scheduled so no money gets lost.

Bahadur713
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If you have any promotional plan which usually is not a regular one. That is the plan you will loose after renewal date. I think.

@Squeeze wrote:

If I change my plan when it renews it says "that these changes replaces any future dated plan changes.  after changing your plan you will lose your current promotion". right now I have 4 GB of data plus 500 megabytes for auto-pay I am changing to 4.5 GB plus 500 megabytes for auto-pay what does that mean

Without knowing which promotion you have, I don't think anyone can give you advice as to if it is safe (bonus/promotion-wise) to make the plan change. I do believe that this is a generic messages, but there have been some past promotions that had the condition that they would be lost if the plan was ever changed.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Squeeze ,

You will not lose the 2020 xmas promos PM gave out if you change your plan.  🙂

Edit: as @computergeek541 points out, i cannot speak to other promos/addons, as they depend on the terms and conditions of those specific promos/addons.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Squeeze 

This is what you're talking about?

Screenshot_20201212_075804.jpg

  

This is just a vague standard message. It doesn't mean anything really unless someone is on a promotional plan. 

Are you currently on a promotional plan?

For example. Something like sign up for a plan X of higher and get $10 off for 6 months. Or sign up for a plan X or higher and get an extra gig of data per 30 days?

That is a standard message just as a reminder for those people that are on plans like that. 

Example. Black Friday sale $5 off for 6 months on select plans. Quebec $38 or $43 rest of Canada $35 or higher.

Some people activate a promotion like that and then switch to a lower plan that is not eligible and will loose the promotion. So that message you see is just basically a standard message. It does pertain to everyone.

If you don't have any add-ons (not one time add-ons) but extra plan add-ons that were given when signing up as a promotion that has a certain criteria then nothing to worry about.

Simply change plan for next renewal. Your new plan will start at next payment due date.

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Squeeze wrote:

@Squeeze hi just change at renewal that way you won't lose what you paid for your current plan 

Need Help? Let's chat.