cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plan add on in overviewsays that I have data, received text that I had used all data

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I applied for an received the holiday bonus of 2GB data and international calls.

It appears on my overview and shows that I still have add-on data.   I have just received a text saying that I had used up all of my data. I thought that the overview was supposed to have accurate information. Where is the accurate info?

18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@59 : Oh. yes. I think you're right. That description would suggest your plan data.

So this is not the holiday bonus. It is the data 1GB that comes with the 30 dollar plan?

Anonymous
Not applicable

So you're working on the back 1/4 of 2gb total then. Plan data of 1gb plus that add-on. 75% of that is 1.5gb.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@59 wrote:

Data & Add-OnsAmount Used
$0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 500min INTL Long Distance incl CA & US
67  /  500 MIN
1 GB of data at 3G Speed
776.731  /  1024 MB

@59 ,

So you should have received a 75% of your date used text.

If your data works, ignore the message you received, you are good for a little bit longer.

Data & Add-OnsAmount Used
$0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 500min INTL Long Distance incl CA & US
67  /  500 MIN
1 GB of data at 3G Speed
776.731  /  1024 MB

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@59 wrote:
Spoiler
That looks like your plan data (or another data add-on) than the holiday bonus of 2GB you mentioned in your first post as it should read "771.438/2048 has been used".   Do you still see the holiday data add-on line of 2048 under there at all?

No, I only see the 771.418/ 1024. It does not show the data plan. I only see the bonus. 

@59    Can you show us a screenshot of your Data/Add-ons section of your account?   Make sure the screenshot doesn't contain personal info though.

Edit: @59   If you don't see the 2048 holiday bonus data add-on line under My Data/Add-ons, then it means you've already used it all up.  It was a one time add-on and will disappear once it's been completely consumed.

Spoiler
That looks like your plan data (or another data add-on) than the holiday bonus of 2GB you mentioned in your first post as it should read "771.438/2048 has been used".   Do you still see the holiday data add-on line of 2048 under there at all?

No, I only see the 771.418/ 1024. It does not show the data plan. I only see the bonus. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@59 wrote:

Account is on the 30 dollar plan with 1 GB data at 3G Speed and 1GB add-on. 

Is there anywhere that you can see how much data you have used from your account? Or is it that the data from your account is used first and then the bonus add-on.

As I am looking more closely, it shows that 771.438/1024 has been used. So I think that the  text would be accurate. 

So the bonus GB will soon be gone. 

@59    That looks like your plan data (or another data add-on) rather than the holiday bonus of 2GB you mentioned in your first post as it should read "771.438/2048 has been used".   Do you still see the holiday data add-on line of 2048 under there at all?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@59 : Yes...plan data gets used first. If other data is available then it uses that until the plan renews. When the plan renews, the other data steps back and waits to be needed again.

So you're only seeing the one line of data? Then yes, as we know it, you ought to have got the 75% warning at 1.5gb used. Then you should get one at 1.9gb if you don't renew before then.

Account is on the 30 dollar plan with 1 GB data at 3G Speed and 1GB add-on. 

Is there anywhere that you can see how much data you have used from your account? Or is it that the data from your account is used first and then the bonus add-on.

As I am looking more closely, it shows that 771.438/1024 has been used. So I think that the  text would be accurate. 

So the bonus GB will soon be gone. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@59 : Yes it can be confusing. The regulars here often try to fill in the blanks when we don't hear from the person asking.

So have a beverage and read all the replies and answer some questions so we can all get to the bottom of it. ...if you like 🙂

I am confused as I have received the relies saying that the text is accurate.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@59 

The text warnings are hit or miss ESPECIALLY when one has plan data + bonus or gifted data.

The self-serve site landing page is the definitive area to see how much of your current data allotment you have remaining within the various buckets of data availability.

If the line item doesn't appear under the Data and Add-Ons, that means it has been fully consumed.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@59 wrote:

I applied for an received the holiday bonus of 2GB data and international calls.

It appears on my overview and shows that I still have add-on data.   I have just received a text saying that I had used up all of my data. I thought that the overview was supposed to have accurate information. Where is the accurate info?

@59 , I would go by what your overview says.

Just checking, was it a text from Public Mobile you received? A phone device can be set up to notify you as well, and your phone device start date may be set up differently...so just making sure this WAS from Public Mobile and not your device.

If it was Public Mobile did you also receive the 75% and 95% warning?

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/managing-your-data-usage

NOTE: these warning add both your Plan DATA and any ADD-ons together as your total - fyi...I learned that the hard way.

IF you are an android user download the Data Witness app to track usage: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iwik.datawitnesspm&hl=en_CA&gl=US

I have it. It is simple, but results are good.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gpixel : That's where I was headed with my questions. 🙂

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@59 maybe PM changed it to reflect only your plan data usage. in the past, the system would combine plan data plus add-on/gift data together. there were customers who were complaining about not receiving a text when their plan data(not total data) is almost finished. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@59 : I would lean more towards the overview being accurate and the texts not so much. We've heard several times about spurious texts. What plan are you on? What other data buckets do you have?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@59 wrote:

@59   That overview should also show how much of your bonus 2GB has been used and how much is left of that bonus data if the data line is still there, so the text is warning you if you're almost used it up.  Edit:  @59  Click the View my Usage (under the Purchase Add-ons) to view what how of your data is left.

Edit:  You have the option of purchasing additional data add-on for $15/1GB too.

Need Help? Let's chat.