cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone wont ring=goes straight to voice mail

KarenVey
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

your sim card has destroyed my wife's phone, the phone was working perfectly under virgin mobile, I activated the public mobile sim card and now it goes straight to voice mail, i have done everything to get it to work, profoundly disappointed

Tim

Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 REPLIES 9

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@KarenVeyIf you put the Virgin SIM back into the phone, and it still works and can receive calls, that will be a strong sign that the number port did not complete. Normally as part of the porting process the "losing" carrier SIM will immediately stop working once complete, and incoming calls should then route to the new provider.

If incoming calls are still arriving at Virgin, You'll need to open a customer service ticket to inquire about the porting status, and/or retry the port.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@KarenVey 

Incoming calling going to voicemail is a sure fire sign that porting did not complete. Did you reply YES to the PAT (porting authorization text) within 90 minutes? Did you use the IMEI # of the phone? Or the account #?  Did you get the account # yourself or get it from customer service at Virgin? They have been known did give out the wrong account#.

Regardless you have been given the telus porting department phone #. They will reinitiate the port request for you.

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Wow Karen. Maybe you should be asking for help with your issue. Obviously you’re not tech savvy if you think a SIM card “destroyed” the phone.😂 
This community is for customers to ask questions and gets answers. It’s definitely not a complaint forum Karen.🤪

@KarenVey 

Try these fixes:

• ensure airplane mode is not enabled
  • ensure do not disturb is not enabled
  • ensure the number calling you is not on a blocked senders list
  • disable any call-forwarding features/settings
  • turn off Bluetooth -- it's possible the 'ringing' is going through to a Bluetooth device instead of device's speakers
  • remove and reinsert your SIM card
  • reset network connections

Hi @KarenVey 

with PM, voice is on 3G. But your data on LTE , so if you have 4G plan, your data  will have the LTE speed 

KarenVey
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

yes, ported from virgin mobile, replied to virgin text, paid for lte , phone only works on 3t

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

SIM cannot damage phone unless it is designed to do that on purpose.

When did you sign up with PM?

Did you port your number?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @KarenVey haha.  Sim won't destroy phone

did you port in the Virgin #?  Did you get thr text from Virginia and did you reply YES?  I think your porting not done.   The VM is actually still Virgin VM.  Call PM porting team and they will help   I will message you the number.  Check Inbox on top right 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

I don't think the sim "destroyed" the phone !

Have you a different unlocked phone you can try the sim in ?

Did wife just recently port her Virgin number to PM ? If so, did she follow the directions for porting to PM ?

Need Help? Let's chat.