cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone stopped working

kael
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have had service with public mobile and all of a sudden I cannot log in to my account or call or text on my phone? .Please help ...

27 REPLIES 27

John_G1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This is not quite true. Chrome has not been allowing me to do consecutive sign-ins today, but Firefox let me do three in a row, or even four (except that the final one went to a 'let's complete activation'  page, and clicking on that took me back to a sign-in page where the address and password no longer worked....

So maybe Chrome on a better day would also allow for consecutive sign-ins for different users. No logical reason for that not to work, so far as I can see.

John_G1

One of the serious unadvertised problems is that one cannot do consecutive sign-ins for different accounts without clearing the browser cache or using a different browser. Otherwise the system will say that the email and password do not match, when they are correct - enter them into a different browser and they work. Go figure. (This was NOT the case last week when I amended a couple of accounts in the space of an hour.)

John_G1

I am trying to help someone with the same issue. His phone stopped working a couple of weeks ago (only a week or so after being activated). He can't call out. He can receive calls on his new number. BUT he can't get self service - he logs in but does not get the Manage Account screen, or he logs in and gets an 'activation incomplete' message, but when he tries to complete the activation, he is sent back to his log-in screen, where his password is not recognized (though he had used it a minute earlier.) I have tried and had the same results with his log-in information. So - no way through to any view of the system. VERY frustrating - an endless loop of non-reponses and dead-ends. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@kael 

At this point all you can do is ask customer support what the heck is going on? This all adds up to your account being temporarily disabled, closed, cancelled and/or deactivated. But why?

Lately there has been the issue of new activations getting a KOODO TOP UP REAPPROV charge and not expecting it cancel their cards for fear that they have been compromised and request a chargeback. Once pm has the plan amount clawed back by the credit card issuer they immediately disable (temporarily) the customer's account until a payment is made.

If it was a fraudulent port (rare nowadays) or even a mistaken port the phone number would still be active. You have paid for your plan at renewal.....but check your credit card for the amount charged to your card. Is it the new plan amount or your old plan amount? Maybe autopay undercharged you but you renewed with the new and more expensive plan? Causing pm to disable your account and service?

Did the sudden loss of service occur exactly 10 days after your plan renewal? There has been another weird glitch with plans renewing every 10 days but that would only suspend your service not disable your account. Ultimately only a CSA can tell you what is going on....?

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

kael

yes i went on my account recently, i updated to a bigger plan.  everything went as was supposed to for the last week and a half since i did that

kael

1855 4public, i enter the 10 digit number and get "sorry we are unable to process your request"

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@kael 

Call 1 855 4PUBLIC and enter your 10 digit phone number. Do you get account status or the message we cannot locate your phone number? The latter is not good as it indicates account deactivation.

Testing a different sim card in your phone will eliminate your phone as the issue if it detects the sim card. Testing your sim card in another phone will narrow the issue down to the sim card and/or your service being the problem.

LoginDisabled indicates one of three possibilities:

1. Account cancelled and deactivated 90 days without paid service. (not the issue)
  2. As above due to number porting. (possible but unlikely as the phone number should ring at least when called)
  3. A temporary account suspension or disabling due to an outstanding payment of prepaid service resulting from a chargeback, stolen card, fraudulent payment etc...where the credit card issuer has clawed back the plan amount payment. But you should recieve a temporary suspension message and be redirected to the community to contact customer support.

The only other possibility I can think of is a new weird glitch that no one has heard of before?!!

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@kael 

Have you checked for outages in your area: https://www.telus.com/en/on/outages

or https://downdetector.ca/status/telus/map/ 

Were you able to log into your Self Serve previously, like recently?

You activated 2 years ago, but only created a community account (or a new one) today. So did you ever register for a My Account?

If you, you can do that here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

What happens when you call 611 from your device?

OR, if you have another line you can use, call # 1-855-478-2542 to check the status of your account/phone number.

kael

activated 2 years ago, did not do a charge back.  checked, phone is not not blacklisted.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@kael wrote:

i'm doing this on my pc which is where i'm trying to log in from, brave as well as chrome.  i will try the blacklist but it's an old phone, should not be on that list.  

@kael oh, any phone can be blacklisted, whether it is new or not.

But it is probably not the case, just something to check to ensure all good on this front.

i guess the main question is, is this a relatively new phone to you (but used)?

Another thing...when did you activate? Just making sure you didn't cancel or do a charge back with your credit card company soon after activation because you saw a 'Koodo' charge on it?

Some cases were reported like this...fyi Telus owns Koodo and Public Mobile; and for some reason when activating the first charge says "Koodo", which can cause some issues if customers think this is fraudulent.

If this is your situation, contact Customer Support Agents CSA and let them know what happened.

Methods to contact them here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

kael

i'm doing this on my pc which is where i'm trying to log in from, brave as well as chrome.  i will try the blacklist but it's an old phone, should not be on that list.  

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@kael wrote:

I have had service with public mobile and all of a sudden I cannot log in to my account or call or text on my phone? .Please help ...

@kael  just to be sure...check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

As for the My Account login issue have you clear cache/cookies, tried a totally different browser or device?

Do you get the same results?

Although you may have to wait 15 minutes or so has you may have temporarily locked up your account with too many failed attempts. But this should reset after waiting.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@kael wrote:

had the account for approximately 2 years.  this is the first problem.  i will try to switch sims etc.  

@kael  - try manually select the 3G / WCDMA ONLY network in your Mobile Connections area in your settings (temporarily) to see if that improves services.

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kael Since your incoming calls are neither ringing, nor going to voicemail, I'm assuming that issue cannot be related to your phone anyway. You may want to provide that bit of info in your private message to the PM agent.

0PX9O4

@kael 

It's possible there may be a temporary outage in your area. Since you now have two unrelated problems going, I think it may be best to contact a PM agent to get both resolved at the same time.

You can send a private message to CS_Agent with your account details (full name, phone and account numbers, email address, and the 4-digit PIN if you have it). They should be able to unlock your self-serve account and also make sure that any service issues are resolved. You can expect a response from them within a couple of hours usually.

kael

had the account for approximately 2 years.  this is the first problem.  i will try to switch sims etc.  

When did you activate here, @kael ?

Try placing your PM SIM in another device, what happens?

Try placing someone else's SIM card in your device, also what happens?

Just trying to troubleshoot whether it's a device or SIM issue...

kael

i will try another phone.  that will take a little time.  thank you

kael

nothing just a boop kinda noise and nothing.  no answering machine or pre recorded public mobile message.  just nothing

0PX9O4

@kael 

I'm assuming you've tried removing the SIM card and re-inserting it, then restarting your phone after?

The SIM not registered issue is possibly phone-related. Can you try putting your SIM in another phone temporarily to see if it works there?

Though of course you would need to get access to selfserve regardless of this issue, so we'll make sure that happens.

kael

lost service yesterday, account plan is paid up for another 3 weeks.  

when calling out or someone calling in there is just nothing.  no recording for incoming just peep and off

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@kael 

From a different device, try calling your number.

What happens?

0PX9O4

@kael 

Usually the login gets re-enabled an hour after, in such cases.You may also want to try switching to another browser or using incognito mode, to be safe.

I also want to check with you about how long it has been since you lost service. When was your last payment (approximate date is fine).

If it's been over 90 days since the account was suspended for non-payment, then it may already have been deleted.

kael

ForgotPassword/LoginUnsuccessfulUser_LoginDisabled

0PX9O4

@kael 

You can try the Forgot Password option on the login page to reset your password. Please let us know if that doesn't work for some reason, and we can then try other options. Resetting your password will be the fastest and easiest way to get your service back on, though.

kael

yes.  says sim is not registered and i cannot log into self serve

0PX9O4

@kael 

Have you tried logging in to selfserve.publicmobile.ca or calling 611 from your phone to see what your account status is?

Need Help? Let's chat.