cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone service got cut off

vfilteau
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone service is no longer working, I never received an email warning about it.

Now trying to login and my email no longer valid so can't reset password.

Also can't speak to anyone so I guess I'm screwed

10 REPLIES 10

HI @conradjack007  

first, login to My Account and check if Account status is Suspended.  It could be that you missed a payment or Autopay failed.  If it shows suspended, go to Payment page to manually make a payment using the option "Other.." there.  (Do not use Amount Due)

If it is showing Active, then your payment is up-to-date.  Try to reboot the phone once

conradjack007

My service got cut off

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@vfilteau wrote:

My phone service is no longer working, I never received an email warning about it.

Now trying to login and my email no longer valid so can't reset password.

Also can't speak to anyone so I guess I'm screwed

@vfilteau  - so whatever came of your issue?

Were you a new customer that ported over a number from another provider, but the port did not complete; therefore messing up your services and account?

How long were you without services? If over 90 days in nonpay/suspended status your account is automatically closed and you lose access to Self Serve and your phone number.

If this is the case you will need a new SIM card if you want to reactivate services.

What are the details of your situation?

If this was a failed autopay, then you will need to make a manual payment to regain services.

But not being able to log in your your account, why...? Have you registered for a Self Serve account previously?

IF not, you can do that here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

If you did have access to Self Serve, and are with a 90 day period of being an active customer, and still having difficulty accessing your account, you may need Customer Support (CSA) help...which if you are not fixed up by now,m and have not contact them, you likely should.

Methods to contact CSA here:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@vfilteau 

Call 611 from your phone or 1 855 4PUBLIC and enter your 10 digit phone number to find out your account status and info. Then contact customer support. Put "forgot login info" in the subject line and explain your issue. You can also have the CSA update your credit card info at the same time if you wish.

Once you gain access to your self serve account and your card info is updated go to the payment page. Make a top up payment that covers your plan amount by choosing "other" amount and confirm and submit the payment. Your plan and service should automatically reactivate.

If your service doesn't automatically reactivate then go to the plans or usage page and click on the lost/stolen feature. Suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service via lost/stolen. Your service will now be active. Log out and reboot if necessary.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@vfilteau 

I am assuming you received a replacement CC and got a heads up on the expiry data but I agree that you should have got a notice.

@vfilteau wrote:

I dind't stop it. perhaps the card expired but I never got a reminder to update the card for the account. they just stopped collecting payment without any warning

I doubt you will get such reminder from PM (card expired or close to expiration date). I never received such message from any service where I pay by credit card on file.

Contact CSA and see what is going on with your account.

When was last time you used PM services? If that was 90+ days ago your account is cancelled/deleted.

vfilteau

I dind't stop it. perhaps the card expired but I never got a reminder to update the card for the account. they just stopped collecting payment without any warning

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

When was your last renewal and was it paid in full? Do you have autopay? 

If renewal was recent then can you verify your Credit card for payment.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vfilteau : I don't suppose you stopped a credit card payment to Koodo in the last while?

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@vfilteau 

You can send a private message to CS_Agent with your account details so they can restore your access.

The chatbot/ticket method is another option, but it's cumbersome and unreliable.

Need Help? Let's chat.