cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone rings busy when people call me

jc11
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

For 2 months my phone has rung busy when people call me.  Text is working and I can call out.

11 REPLIES 11

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

Ok so ##21# would reset "unconditional" call forwarding - also try ##004# to reset "conditional" call forwarding.

Secondly, try switching your phone to 3G mode, not LTE and see if incoming calls work in that mode.

Lastly, Did you originally port your number from another provider? Sometimes this can happen if the number was not successfully ported, or only partially ported. If so and you still have the SIM from the previous service, you should double check that the port caused your previous service to be cancelled. Incoming calls are what the port deals with... And don't call the previous carrier to cancel - the port takes care of that automatically.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@jc11 

While you are waiting. Toggle airplane mode on. Power off phone. Wait a couple of minutes. Reboot. Toggle airplane mode off. Test call your phone.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

jc11

Thanks very much.  I have sent the message.

jc11

I have contacted customer service - thanks very much

jc11

Thanks, didn't set up call forwarding and have tried that as suggested but no difference.  I can receive text.

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jc11 

For the benefit of other customers, please let us know what was causing the problem once it is sorted out.

jc11

No but thanks - have also tried doing a reset and removing the sim card - disabling and restarting service.  I have contacted customer service thanks for your help.  

0PX9O4

@jc11 

You can keep waiting here to see if anyone else has better ideas, or you can send a private message to CS_Agent with your account details so they can investigate for you.

jc11

says call forwarding has been disabled but still ringing busy when I call from another phone.  Thanks very much though

Also had never initiated call forwarding

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@jc11 

Did you port in two months ago? Port in with your phone number call forwarded? 

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

0PX9O4

@jc11 

This could be due to call forwarding having been set up.

Can you dial *#21# from your phone and share the result that it shows?

Need Help? Let's chat.