Did you mean: 

phone number

Loui
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can I use my existing phone number if I switch to your company

8 REPLIES 8

@softech wrote:

HI @Chalupa_Batman 

The beauty is that you don't have to be tie to your phone for hours before your call got connected to a support staff.  Instead, you just submited your question and check the community inbox whenever you have time.   

Sometimes, we've often heard that it takes hours to return messages and some have complained it's been a day or so and no returned message. I'm not sure I'd call that a beauty. 🙂 

And your right, this isn't your traditional phone provider. 

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Chalupa_Batman wrote:

Just to add to everyone's response....

If you are choosing to port over to Public Mobile, please know that EVERYTHING here is pretty much self serve. The forums ARE your customer service. There is no number to call to get help. And finally, you have to make sure your account on their end is still active before you port over. With that being said, I'd port towards the end of the other providers cycle so you don't lose any funds. Hope this info helps.

It's important to note that this forum is absolutely not customer service.  Anything that requires customer service cannot be fixed by Community members.  This destinction remains important as this forum is not only seen by customer service, but rather by anyone.  It's important that all members/customers realize that this Community forum is not a subsittitute for customer service, and as such, should not post personal or account details.

Well said. I should have pointed out that the little bubble at the bottom of the page is how to reach customer service.

Chalupa_Batman_0-1711489704193.png

This forum IS the first point of contact. Public Mobile wishes we use this forum as a way to help solve our issues we're having. Then if all else fails, we use the chat bubble at the bottom to reach a CS Agent. 

HI @Chalupa_Batman 

No,  Forum is not your customer service and is not mine either. 

Almost all mobile providers have  forums/communities now so people can share their experience and sometimes people have similar issues can confirm the problems (or the non-problem)

While PM does not have a traditional customer support hotline, you can still engage support proper by using Chatbot or direct message.  The beauty is that you don't have to be tie to your phone for hours before your call got connected to a support staff.  Instead, you just submited your question and check the community inbox whenever you have time.   

For your reference, if you need to engage support, please open ticket with PM support:

1. Open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
    Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", then "Other", then "Log In", finally click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗
2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there    

@Chalupa_Batman wrote:

If you are choosing to port over to Public Mobile, please know that EVERYTHING here is pretty much self serve. The forums ARE your customer service. There is no number to call to get help. And finally, you have to make sure your account on their end is still active before you port over. With that being said, I'd port towards the end of the other providers cycle so you don't lose any funds. Hope this info helps.

It's important to note that this forum is absolutely not customer service.  Anything that requires customer service cannot be fixed by Community members.  This destinction remains important as this forum is not only seen by customer service, but rather by anyone.  It's important that all members/customers realize that this Community forum is not a subsittitute for customer service, and as such, should not post personal or account details.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Loui 

depends...who's your current cell provider ?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Loui 

very likely yes, but confirm here first

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/checkSingle.do

if answer is positive, then get a sim card (or use esim) , download PM app and start the activation there

Need Help? Let's chat.