cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

password reset

kooba
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

when is PM EVER going to get their password reset option when logging onto "my account".

i literally reset it over 5 times and it stil doesn't work.

20 REPLIES 20

@kooba @Anonymous @BearFBI 

LOL I laughed pretty hard at this...

Screenshot_20200426_095206_com.brave.browser.jpg

kooba

z10, no doubt they're aware, but I'm sure they look at their financials every quarter and think "ha, why spend the money, we're making money on it with very little put into it, let the guys on the front line carry the load for us"

After reading how thing get fixed around here, the Mods are the heroes that give this company a "reputable name" and hopefully they are taken care of properly.

Off to peek at Lucky and Chatr now. 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kooba wrote:

I didn't think about Lucky and Chatr, gonna peek over there right now.   

What rewards do you mean?  Do you mean their referral rewards?

No other company offers the rewards as this place. Some have one-time referral rewards. Some have bonuses for autopay either a reduction or extra feature.

None have loyalty. None have community.

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kooba No i mean PM's rewards. The referral and autopay. People come to PM because of the rewards. And the more people that come the more money they make. With that money they could possibly put it to a less buggy overall self serve system.

kooba

I didn't think about Lucky and Chatr, gonna peek over there right now.   

What rewards do you mean?  Do you mean their referral rewards?

BearFBI

@kooba I doo agree. If you think about it. Look at lucky mobile and Chatr. They have the same pricing as PM. And they have call centers and a little more robust systems. Now what made me choose PM over those are the rewards. But if you think about it the rewards give PM more money. People come to PM because of refer a friend rewards and autopay. So it gives PM more money. Also PM dosent have any type of live support. Thats another thing their saving money on. With all that they are making WAY more money than Lucky and Chatr. If they are making all this money they should at least put it to good use. They need to update their systems payment systems and EVERYTHING. They have the MONEY. Thats the only thing that annoys me. Or even at least a live chat so if there is a emergency where you have no service due to a payment system bug it can be fixed. No hate on PM or anything. I just had to share that.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kooba wrote:

Armando didn't wish for anything. 🙂

Maybe you were referring to me?   I didn't wish for anything either 🙂 

lol

I was referring to fixing bugs.

Continuing: I would be quite sure the company is well aware of this inconsistency. It's likely that they get very few resources from the mothership to do anything about it.

kooba

Armando didn't wish for anything. 🙂

Maybe you were referring to me?   I didn't wish for anything either 🙂 

lol

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Naepalm 

For most people it works fine. Some people it doesn't. It has not been 100% for years.

@BearFBI 

Careful what you wish for 🙂

kooba

Seems like they need to do an entire overhaul with their online system.

If it happens again, I'm leaving, it's not at threat or anything remotely like that.

It's an unnecessary annoyance.  I can understand once, maybe twice, but EVERY SINGLE time?   

The aggravation is not worth the -$5 (saving)  I'm paying per month ($40) and perhaps a 1Gig loss of data.

Just like line-ups during Black Friday.  The things that stress does to your body is not worth any savings. Just my opinion.

BearFBI

@kooba They replied to me in 30 Minutes 2 days ago. I had trouble activating a SIM. The SIM activation is buggy too. There are a lot of bugs PM needs to fix.

kooba

Thanks G, I just did that.  Hopefully they can reply today I'm sure they're busy with the site.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@kooba 

I posted a couple of weeks ago that the password reset said it didn't work then when I logged in my old password wouldn't work and my new password worked. 

Can we ask one of the oracles how changes are made in Public Mobile?

Is the best thing to do to contact moderators? Is there a page where we can go to to talk about system bugs? Maybe one of the new talk forums can be Public Mobile malfunctions. 

@ShawnC13 @Luddite @mimmo 

Then @kooba Contact the moderators directly through private message here, explain your situation  and ask for a temporary password 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there. Once it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue.
If you need to, you can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email. Go to your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Welcome to the community. Stay safe.

kooba

It certainly didn't take it

kooba

buggy isn't the word I would use to describe it.

You're being nice. lol

BearFBI

@kooba I do agree. PM's Password reset is buggy sometimes. Try logging in with the password you changed it to. It might work

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@kooba it may have taken. Try logging in with your new password. Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.