cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

out of minutes failure with more than 80 minutes remaining

George1932
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is there a fix for dial out failure each mid month saying additional minutes need to be purchased to continue cell dial out service when 80 out of a hundred minutes have not been used?

9 REPLIES 9

George1932

My information came from my data and add-on section.

minutes was no help.

George1932

My minutes used comes from my data and add-on section.

The service resumed the next day but I am insecure thinking the service may fail again when I try an emergency call in future.

George1932

My info.comes from my data and add-on section

Last month 500 add on long distance purchase was no help

My service resumed the next day however I am uneasy the service may fail again if I make an emergency call.

George1932

Information comes from my data and add-ons section.

additional 500 minutes long distance purchase last month did not help

My service resumed the next day however I am insecure that the service may fail again when I need to make an emergency call.  

George1932

My minutes used comes from my data and ad-on section.

Purchased additional 500 minutes long distance does not help

Service resumed next day after message said I was out of minutes but this makes me afraid I may not have service in an emergency in future.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Every call is rounded up to the next minute and also keep in mind that checking your voicemail counts towards your minutes as well 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @George1932   how you get you only talked 80 mins? Did you add the minute from Usage page on My Account/ Make sure you add it correctly.  a 59 second calls count as 1 minute , same with a 2 seconds calls.  So, you always round up to the next minute for each call.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@George1932  - are you seeing no minutes line listed under your overview section of your self serve account below? If you do not see the minutes line than that normally means you are out of your plan minutes in this cycle.

esjliv_0-1601935725902.png

You can purchase the $5 / 500 minute Canada Wide calling addon. It is a great back up for the $15 plan. It will stay on your account until all used up. Each time your plan renews your plan minutes will always be used up first, then the addon will kick in.

Or, if you see the minute line in your self serve account, try adding a '1' in front of the 10 digit number you are calling to see if calls complete.

If you still cannot complete calls, restart your phone or perform a reset of your network settings.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Are you getting these numbers from your phone? Are you going back to when you last renewed? Are you seeing the numbers in your account page? I assume you're on the $15 plan with 100 outgoing minutes. I don't suppose you got the plan a couple years ago?

Need Help? Let's chat.