cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

opening new account

edt60
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

when starting a new account and you keep the same phone number how long does it take to get service?

5 REPLIES 5

Lanalassii
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You are opening a new account and you’ve been with Public Mobile for long?

turtleTurtle
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

When I ported my number it took maybe 1 or 2 hours

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@edt60 should be roughly 2 hours. But....a majority of people who come over are experiencing SMS issues.  That unfortunately has been going on for some customers for days now. (Not the norm)

If that is your issue, use the chatbot to inform Public Mobile right away so that can fix it for you.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Afternoon @edt60 

OK. So if you ported your phone number over to Public Mobile, you have to leave your previous providers active SIM card in your phone because you will receive a text from them asking your permission to port over to Public Mobile. Once you get it, say yes. Then, wait just a bit till you see your service providers name disappear from the top and go into SOS service. Then, turn off your phone, insert the Public Mobile SIM card and reboot. You should be up and running.

Just know, there may be issues with text messages or iMessages. Public Mobile has been dealing with issues for a month now with no long term fix. If you encounter this problem, please create a ticket below to resolve it. Any more questions, please feel free to ask. We are all customers like you.

To Submit a ticket, please click the following link to access the Public Mobile Chatbot:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type: Customer Service Agent

Chalupa_Batman_0-1715116403176.png

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: I am not a Public Mobile employee. I am a customer just like you. Please do not send me a private message with your personal information. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @edt60 depends if you got the port authorization text and you replied back with a Yes yer.  Have you??

you should get the text within an hour. After you replied yes. Wait 2 hours and reboot your phone and test inbound calls to confirm if. sim rings 

Need Help? Let's chat.