cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

number transfer issue

Michaelvieira
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

having issues activating my new sim message stating incorrect MEID and someone will contact me but no one has.  how do I fix this?

7 REPLIES 7

@Michaelvieira wrote:

having issues activating my new sim message stating incorrect MEID and someone will contact me but no one has.  how do I fix this?

There's actually a mistake in that text message. MEID is no longer used in Canada. MEID was previously used because of of manufacturers running low on ESNs.  They are CDMA device identifiers. It's the IMEI that is actually being asked for.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Michaelvieira 

Did you allow the Public Mobile system to generate a new number, or are you porting in a number from your old provider?

If you are porting a number, and the information you provided was insufficient or inaccurate, Public Mobile will need more information from you to complete the number transfer. 

Use SIMon the chat bot (white bubble in lower corner) to contact the Moderators.

1. type contact moderator,
  2. then select activation,
  3. then select Click here to submit a ticket ,
  4. then follow the prompts to submit a ticket

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Michaelvieira 

You're always able to activate your SIM with a (temporary) Public Mobile number, and transfer your number later in... just in case you're looking to activate within the current promo period.  If you activate first with a Public Mobile number, you can always port/transfer your number afterwards.  (There's also a Porting team you can actually call if you still have troubles too.)

As for IMEI, it may need to be the original IMEI registered with your old provider (in case you changed phones).  Another way of transferring/porting your number is using your Account Number from your old provider as opposed to the IMEI.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Michaelvieira 

Check your phone setting to double check if you entered the correct IMEI#.

For iPhone go to settings>general>about.

For Android go to settings>about phone.

If it looks correct, you will need a moderator for assistance by clicking on SIMon Chat button and submit ticket to contact moderator or click the envelope icon and message moderator.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Transferring Or Changing Your Phone Number, Click Here 

or

Number Transfer (Port) Troubleshooting, Click HERE 

or

Choosing Or Transferring A Phone Number During Activation, Click HERE 

if you still not working with you,
you have to Submit a ticket to a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • or you can send a private message to the Moderator_Team by click here.
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• In your message put it, please include.
  • your account number,
  • your phone number,
  • your account PIN,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service 

• Good Luck

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Michaelvieira wrote:

@Michaelvieira where did it say someone would contact you?

Did you get charged for a SIM activation, and enter incorrect info. perhaps through a port?

If so, Moderators can help.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

EDIT: 

If you want the MEID number, ignore the last digit in the IMEI number. There are multiple ways to find your IMEI number. You can dial the universal IMEI *#06#. You won't need to press the call button as it will automatically pop up on your screen.

Need Help? Let's chat.