cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not reciving messages

angiej
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I switched over from Fido a few days ago. when i tried to login the app it says it will text me a verification code but i never recive one. I've also had a problem that i cannot recive texts or call from anyone else, I can use my data and contact anyone on online platforms, but it is really inconvienient that i cannot communicate through text message 

4 REPLIES 4

@Cheetah24 wrote:

This sounds like the port out from Fido was not successful. You need to contact Fido customer support and then make sure they verify that the porting out was successful on their end. Few questions;

Is your Fido sim card is still functioning? Can make and receive calls with it and send text?

Did you get a porting authorization text from Fido? This would be a indication that the porting is actually was carried out.

Gemerally, it's not Fido who should be contacted.  When a number is being ported to Public Mobile's, it's solely Public Mobile's reponsibility to have the porting completed.   It's Public Mobile who the customer who would need to contact, rather than Fido.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@angiej  No worries I’ll send you the porting team number private message right away . They can re trigger the lift request for you 

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

This sounds like the port out from Fido was not successful. You need to contact Fido customer support and then make sure they verify that the porting out was successful on their end. Few questions;

Is your Fido sim card is still functioning? Can make and receive calls with it and send text?

Did you get a porting authorization text from Fido? This would be a indication that the porting is actually was carried out.

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @angiej,

I would suggest calling the Porting team so that they could retrigger the porting process for you. It appears like the transfer is stuck but they can restart the process. The number will be sent to your community inbox so keep an eye on the little envelop icon for an incoming message. Unfortunately, we cannot post phone numbers in the main community page.

After contacting the porting team, if you still encounter issues, I would recommend submitting a ticket to the customer service team for further support. You can use the link below to submit a ticket.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please be sure to explain the issue to them. They will respond to you in your community inbox so check it from time to time. (Little envelop on the top-right of your screen if you are using a computer.)

Otherwise, here is a direct link to your inbox: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Need Help? Let's chat.