cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not receiving calls

rileyherremans4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i switched to public mobile about 2 weeks ago and cant receive calls, I contacted my previous provider and they told me it is an issue with porting the number on public mobiles side of things can someone please send me a link to talk to someone in public mobile that can help me 

7 REPLIES 7

@rileyherremans4 

In that case, it has nothing to do with public mobile. The failed Port is because you did not authorize the port via SMS with your old provider.

Hopefully they can allow the number to be pulled by public mobile.

Ask them first then request the port via public mobile

@rileyherremans4 

You will need your old SIM to complete the porting process and confirm to the text. You will need a new SIM from your old carrier and switch the SIM number with old carrier.

If your previous carrier is Telus or Koodo then it is possible to complete the porting but you will need your old account number. Just contact a CS_Agent by creating a ticket through SIMon Chatbot or private message on the envelope icon.

@rileyherremans4 wrote:

i disposed my old sim card right after i put my new one in so i never recived this text

That is a bit of a problem... You should wait for SMS from old provider and reply Yes to their transfer authorization request.

You can open a ticket with PM to see what PM can do for you in this case.

To Contact CSA-agent; there are 2 methods:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Ticket has to be opened through chatbot - https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Having a ticket is preferred way to contact agent as they might respond faster then receiving personal mail.

If opening a ticket does not work very first time, contact agent directly.

- Send a private message to the CSA - agent by clicking (Ctrl+)Here

Or you can call PM porting support at number I sent you. Do not post that number in this forum or elsewhere.

cgzhao
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

you should wait your comfirmation after 90 min, not sure how to handle this after you dispose your old sim(like really canot get it back)

@rileyherremans4 @I will send you number private message to porting team to help you get this resolved 

rileyherremans4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i disposed my old sim card right after i put my new one in so i never recived this text

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@rileyherremans4 @You you tried rebooting your phone did you receive a confirmation text from old provider that you had 90 mins to reply YES to 

Need Help? Let's chat.