cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no sounds when receiving calls

soup19
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone,

I just activated my public mobile new account today. Everything is fine but my cell phone is silent when receving calls. Unless I see the phone, otherwise I don't know someone is calling me. My phone is brand new iphone X which I bought last year. My phone worked perfect prior to swithing to public mobile. I didn't change any settings including volume. However, right after I inserted public mobile new SIM card and finished the swith, I noticed the problem as I called my cellphone but no sound/noise at all. I tired power off my cellphone, reset voume high again, etc. But the problem still exists at this time. It seems that someone dumbed my cellphone. I'm positive it's not setting or hardware problem. Any ideas? Thanks a lot!

7 REPLIES 7

soup19

Thanks again!

soup19

Thank you! Just realized that the the side mute/unmute switch is on. Thanks again! Problem solved!

soup19

Thank you all, I have to wait for my friend to change the SIM card another day but I'm truly believe it's not my cellphone problem as it's a brand new iphone X which works perfect prior to swithing. I tunred off this ""attention aware features" in my cellphone but the problem still remains. Only option is maybe there's problem with this new SIM card but I was told that the card is not refundable when I bought it yesterday.   

Stay safe

@soup19 

Maybe try the PM SIM card in another phone.  To see whether it is a hardware set up issue versus Public mobile service problem.  

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Try your sim card in a different phone?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@soup19 

Is it #1 here?

Need Help? Let's chat.