cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no sim card delivered

DylanP2011
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

ordered a sim card on October 22, 2023.  Made the payment.  Still no SIM card.  Account status still says pending.  Can't submit a support ticket because the confirmation email doesn't have an order number.  Please help.

10 REPLIES 10

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@fdsh88 

Thanks for your reply! Ok so we know it didn't (or isn't) coming from the Calgary fulfillment  centre.

fdsh88
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My instinct would tell me that it might not be location related, it's more about PM's bad procedures. The delivery address for the card was in Montreal's south shore.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@fdsh88 and @DylanP2011  (one and the same?)

Happy to hear you are up and running. Out of curiosity and testing an unscientific theory: what city/town are you located? Please update us if and when you ever recieve the original Sim card. ( It's always good to have a spare Sim card.)

Welcome to Public Mobile!

fdsh88

Got a reply from support an hour or two after opening a ticket yesteday. They said the order had just been processed (smh). They said I could purchase a SIM card at the store (without me asking), and as soon as I would activate it, let them know so they would credit my account for the price of their sim card. Ordered the sim Card yesterday on Amazon, got it a couple of minutes ago, activated it, and told support. Hopefully I'll get the credit. Bottom line, I'm up and running less than 24 hours after ordering the sim card from amazon, compared to 2 weeks of waiting after PM (and counting). Thanks for everyone's help.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@DylanP2011 

If you ordered the Sim card on Sunday October 22nd you must push forward the "order recieved" day to Monday October 23rd. Then count the first "business day" on the following day Tuesday October 24th. That brings you to the 10th business day being Monday November 6th. In my experience Canada Post will deliver on the 10th business day however I live in a major city ( Vancouver) so depending on your location there can still be a day or two difference. For reference though I did order a Sim card thru the app on October 25th and it arrived on Thursday November 2nd.

While you have prepaid for your plan you have not activated it yet without the sim card. The 30 day plan will start on the day you activate the Sim card. If customer support advises you purchase a Sim card from a corporate telus or koodo retail location or a mobile klinik location they will promptly credit your pm account once you activate and it is set up.

@fdsh88 I complete agree with you and can only imagine how frustrating it's been.

The only free sim cards are esims, not physical sims. If it were me I'd take the risk and pay the extra $5 rather than continue to have paid for a service I am not receiving. PM should refund the original sim purchase if it's been more than 10 days, which is has.

fdsh88

Thanks. I wish I had knew that then. If I had ordered from Amazon, I would've received the Sim card on October 20th, 2 weeks ago. PM should warn us about the delays when ordering. On top of the sim card, I've been charged a whole month of service, that I've obviously been unable to use so far. Also, before ordering the SIM card from PM, it said it would be free. I tried everything not to be charged but nothing worked. Needed the service fast so I agreed to pay the $5.75. I'm also sparing you the details of all the bugs I've encountered so far on the web site and on the app.

Little bit worried about ordering another sim card and then asking for a refund. 1. Not convinced they're going to issue a refund and 2. Not sure I want to go trough the hassle of contacting support again. Already waiting for the ticket I summited minutes ago regarding more than 10 bus days of waiting. Will ask them to refund first. 

Absolutely HORRIBLE experience so far.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Never order a physical sim card from PM direct, as they have NO IDEA how to run a fulfillment centre. Order from Amazon Prime for $5, or see if local Telus/Koodo stores have stock.

If I were you I'd source a new sim from one of the above, and then I'd contact @CS_Agent via direct message to ask for a refund on your initial order.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@DylanP2011 

SIM card normally takes 10 business days but up to 3 weeks. Delivery is by snail mail through Canada Post.

You can private message a CS_Agent but they will tell you the same thing. If you want to pm them, click on your avatar top right then Messages.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @DylanP2011 

we have quite many posts today about sim card

unfortunately, it could take as many as 3 week for sim to come.  not sure if it is PM problem or the fact they only use Canada post and it got lost

please open ticket with PM agent here and ask , this link will work
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

maybe they will suggest to ask you to buy in person and give you back the refund of the origianl purchase

Need Help? Let's chat.