cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no service

Adrieyl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Please help.. I have no service since this morning. This is the first time this is happening since joining Public Mobile a few years ago. I've tried turning off my phone and turning it back on but that doesn't work. It only works on wifi but no service from public mobile. Please help.

Thank you,

32 REPLIES 32

Jask5150
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just transferred my account it said everything went well all all check marks eSIM activated that was over a hour ago and it just say sos no data or phone service 

derek999
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Halimacs

I have dealt with you before. My wife's I-phone says No Service, mine looks and works normally. I could not get past your obstructive chatbot to reach a CS_Agent. There is no sim card problem or a device issue. I'm working on a Linux computer and have no idea of how to clear a cache and anyway I'm sure that that is not the problem. What I need is some capable human to locate and fix the problem.

@Adrieyl 

it’s really about who was responsive and tried their best to help or guide you in the right direction. 😊

hi @Adrieyl 8t is hard but you need to pick a winner  🙂

However  you can give bravos to both of them 

Adrieyl

I would like to accept 2 solutions from 2 people. Is that possible? I received suggestions for possible solutions from you, @HALIMACS, and @Phil_Adelphus , actually 1 also by @computergeek541 . 🤔🤔🤔

Adrieyl

I hope so! lol

This is definitely something Apple should be able to help you remedy…  if they can afford it  🙄

Adrieyl

Thank you. They replied. The sim card works on another device, all looks well on PM end, service is continuing and my phone is not blacklisted, etc. so the problem is not with PM but with the phone. I will have to continue to deal with Apple or get a new phone.

Thank you and everyone for your help! You all helped with various suggestions. Much appreciated!

@Adrieyl 

and here’s a direct link to your private message box so you can check for their reply

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello there, and thanks for visiting our community forum.

The community is a great way of searching for answers and help from our customers, however if you still need assistance, and you have reached out through a private message, we kindly ask to keep an eye on your community inbox.

Our customer support team will get in touch as soon as possible.

Public Mobile Team.

Adrieyl

I also submitted a ticket so I guess I'll wait. Thanks for your help. Thanks to the community for all their help!

Adrieyl

My number has not been reported lost or stolen and is not on the national blacklist. PM support has not replied to me since last night. I sent them another message... This is ridiculous.

@Adrieyl   On an iPhone go to Settings -> General -> About and then scroll down and you'll find the IMEI.  

Adrieyl

Sorry, re-read your suggestion. My phone is still updating. I'll try after. Thanks,

Adrieyl

I don't know where that number is ...

@Adrieyl 

did you try the device checker link?

Adrieyl

Will contact PM customer support. Apple says my carrier is rejecting my device so I have to contact them. Will let you know when it works. Thanks for your help.

Adrieyl

Simm card wrks in another device. I've  been using the same device for over a year now. 

Adrieyl

Turning airplane mode on etc. doesn't work. Trying other things suggested before I contact customer support. Thank you

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Oh... what happens when you check the device blacklist.   To do this, you'll need the device's IMEI number which you can get by dialing  *#06#

Check the Status of Your Device in Canada | DeviceCheck.ca

Adrieyl

when i dial 611, it says call failed

Adrieyl

I will try these as well. Thank you

Well, that's good. 

Can you try your PM SIM card in another device to see if perhaps a device issue?   Did you get the device new from an authorized seller, or online from private sale?

While you're at it, perhaps try someone else's SIM card in your device to see if their service works in your device.

These troubleshooting options will help determine (network outage aside), whether you're dealing with an account or device issue.

Adrieyl

My account is active. That's not an issue. Trying the other suggestion. When I log into my account on the computer, everything looks fine. Shows my renewal, payments, usage data, etc. everything. Nothing outstanding or out of the ordinary.

Strangely enough, @Adrieyl , no one mentioned whether your account is active.

Is it?

What messaging do you hear when you dial 611?  What on-screen messaging do you see when you login to your My Account screen?

It's possible your renewal failed due to a payment issue upon renewal.  Check to see if that could be the issue.   If so, make a payment to get services going again.

Give it a look and let us know.

Adrieyl

Thank you. I will try this!

@Adrieyl   If Telus and Koodo customer have service then Public Mobile should too since they're all on the Telus network, so unless there is something peculiar to PM it doesn't sound like a network outage.  Try turning airplane mode on, wait a few minutes and then turn it back off again.  If that doesn't work you can contact customer service for help via this link

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

An agent will reply to your community inbox (envelope icon top right, or at Messages under your avatar)

Adrieyl

Is it only Telus and Koodo customers that have service?

Adrieyl

Yes, they just switched from Telus to Koodo

@Adrieyl   Are any of them with Telus or Koodo?

Need Help? Let's chat.