cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no phone service: get message; "sim card not provisioned for voice"

ron11
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

get message; "sim card not provisioned for voice"   I am getting frustrated how do I get thru to someone at Public Mobile?

5 REPLIES 5

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ron11 

Did you just activate? Do your text and data work on your Sim card? If your other services work try removing your Sim card. Place it in another device if possible to see if you get the same message. Try to call or text. Power off and remove. If you cannot test in another device keep the Sim card out of your phone for at least 10 minutes. Then reseat the Sim card and reboot the phone. Can you make a call? Do you see the same message?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@ron11  - try restarting your phone and see if that message goes away.

\

You may also try to perform a Reset of your device's Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, VPN and APN settings, and connected Bluetooth devices that you've used before.

Iphone:

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

android:

Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ron11   try to reseat the sim card.  Power down the phone first, then take sim card out for a minute, then put it back and power up

if you have another phone, try to put the PM sim card there and see if it works

if nothing works, PM support can help to reprovision your card

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@ron11 

I presume you went through the activation process, up to and including payment.

If so contact a support agent for assistance:

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@ron11  You can first try sim in another device and see if it works and outback in your own phone … otherwise you need support help 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message to our  CS_Agents by clicking here.

Need Help? Let's chat.