cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no longer receiving payment alert texts from PM

Sam-I-Am
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Has Public Mobile stopped sending automated text alerts when an auto payment is made and your montly plan had been renewed? I haven't had one for many months now, and it was a useful reminder. I'm still getting the texts about offers and complaints processes. Thanks for any insights. 

11 REPLIES 11

@Korth_  Interesting that makes a lot of sense why many don’t get anymore and you have . Once again thank you for that insight 

Korth_
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I notice now - as far back as Self-Serve records will go - that when I have enough funds in account to pay the full price of my plan ($15) I don't get these reminders, and when I don't have enough funds in account (<$15) then I do get the reminders. 3 days before due date. 1 day before due date. Nothing when the plan expired (oops). Nothing when the plan reactivated next day.

I don't use AutoPay. I always pay with Vouchers. They go a long way because I get Rewards from Loyalty and Referrals and Community - at random intervals, seemingly, typicaly a few days before my plan renews - so I pay a pittance but the payment reminders seem to ignore the Rewards and just go with my base plan price ($15).

Maybe you don't get the payment reminders if you have AutoPay enabled? Because you instead get reminders about impending credit card expiry. Notice that "... sign up for pre-authorized payments" is specifically mentioned in the reminder text.

@Sam-I-Am  You can tap the down arrow by the time stamp in the post you want to edit . But I think @Korth_  answered your question with proof  of screen shot ( not chest thumping ) just plain old proof 

Korth_

lol I think the mighty Oracles can unassign or reassign Solutions, but we lesser peons cannot.

@Korth_  wow I think you might be the only one still getting those text alerts for payments due . Thanks for sharing that 

Sam-I-Am

Oh. Now I'm confused.

Sorry clicked the solution button by mistake, though it's not precisely a solution.

Korth_

Why are people saying that Public Mobile stopped these reminders? 🙄

[Edit: Yeah, I used a lot of talk minutes before and during the holidays.]

Sam-I-Am

Thanks guys. I'm still getting offers, just not the ones I want. 😅

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Sam-I-Am  PM stopped sending those alerts  back in April 2023 best to set a reminder in your phone every. 30 days 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Sam-I-Am 

Public mobile has stopped sending the reminder texts for payments for awhile now.  Not sure whether PM will restart again.  

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Sam-I-Am 

That stopped a long time ago. Yes it was useful for some but...  they stopped doing that. But never say STOP cause you won't get offers

Need Help? Let's chat.