cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no access to internet through the network

Bibiche54
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I have a LG G3, the phone calls is working fine but if there is no WIFI available around, I cant access internet nor the voice option of Google, neither map etc... I was with Koodo before and had no problem with this. Someone can help since ther is no technical assistance from Public Mobile?

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bibiche54 

do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

or can you do try reseat the SIM card

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. wipe it clean SIM card,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

and go Changing APN Settings On Android device

click Here link

and if still not fix it please you Have To Submit a Ticket To Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

Explain your issue to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Service by CS_Agent. Click Here link to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Service by CS_Agent, by Click Here link
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
    Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck

@Bibiche54  you phone call is good and just not internet , right?

do you mind to try one of these workaround

1. Network reset

2. if network reset does not work, try Factory reset

Again, your phone is LG and sometimes LG devices need to do a little bit more when changing provider.   

Bibiche54

Internet is not the issue when WIFI is available around. It is when WIFI is not available I cant access internet through Public network with data on only, which was ok with Kodoo.

Many of the members suggested to do a factory reset but will I lose all applications that I downloaded? Then I dont want to do that. I did step by step what was suggested to change APN settings on android phones and it did'nt work.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Bibiche54 

Looks like you are the second person with connecting to the internet.

Maybe your internet is down. Go to your modem and check to see if all the lights are on. Go on your desktop or laptop to see if you have internet on them.

Our internet was down for 4 hours last month…No YouTube or coming on this Community!!!

@Bibiche54 

Can you confirm you have a line of data showing in self service under My Data & Add-Ons?

@Bibiche54  did you do a Factor Reset of the phone?

it's a device issue, not a problem with the network.  Your phone works on Koodo before and will work here.  Koodo and PM are pretty much the same.  It's just LG is soemtimes tricky when changing provider.

Bibiche54

I printed the infos, did step by step and wrote all informations at the right places, saved, reboot, tried, it did'nt work. Took off the Sim card and the battery, put them back, tried.Nothing!

I am thinking seriously to shop for another company!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Bibiche54   LG phones usually require a network reset when changing provider.  Try it and see how it goes.

If issue persists, maybe try to even do a factory reset

Bibiche54

Hi! I am in ''new APN settings'' and nothing is written or programmed. (it is in french) but I asked to search for network and it found : Lucky RAT:LTE or Lucky RAT: WCDMA.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Bibiche54 

Try resetting your network settings and reboot.

Also make sure cellular data is on and your apn settings are correct.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles?q=Apn

Edit:

Here is another thread on this:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/LG-G3-model-can-t-use-mobile-data/m-p...

Need Help? Let's chat.