cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new year promotion not given?

LaurenFF
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I signed up for the new year promotion (second month free and free 5g of data) and checked 2 weeks ago as the second month free wasn't in my account yet.  they assured me it was fine and would be applied.  However, my account renews tomorrow and it is still not there.  Is anyone else having difficulty with this??

22 REPLIES 22

@BearFBI 

I've advised many new customers about contacting the moderators just before renewal and the mods have told them it will be applied just before renewal. So its been very YMMV....sometimes they manually apply it, others tell you or insist that you wait until renewal. Then its been 50/50 if it applies or not. I honestly don't know how to advise anyone on this now with any degree of certainty.

@BearFBI It usually takes 30 days.  Give it a few more days and if you haven't received it then contact a moderator.

1. Bonus data and one-time add-on will be automatically applied to eligible rate plans within 30 days of activating, and for 8 months after activation.

EmmaGF
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes!  definitely contact a mod!  They manually gave me the promotion last night before my account renewed!  Now my sister has the same trouble and is awaiting a response.  however, her account was charged today, so I will have to ask for next month free and still 5G of data!

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Talking about new years promotion not given. One of my PM accounts that signed up almost a month ago has NOT received the 1GB of data a month yet. 

Any advice ? Should I contact a mod ? Renewal is on March 8th and that would mark a month. I should've got it by now.

@LaurenFF 

Wow hows that for service? All resolved from start to finish in less than two hours. I didn't even have a chance to respond before it was rectified. All I've got to say is....Welcome to public mobile!

cool.. Mod has been working hard tonight and replied quick..

Enjoy PM and enjoy the saving!!

LaurenFF

thanks...my ticket has been answered and my account has been rectified. 🙂

since you have your autopay setup, you should be good for this renewal. They have not give you the 2nd month free yet and likely too late for this month probably you will get it next month instead

LaurenFF

i dont think so.  under the 'plan & add-ons' tab, it says that no promotion has been applied. I checked 2 weeks ago, and the mod said it should be fine, so I'm not sure if I am getting it or not.

LaurenFF

yes I have enabled auto pay, so I think that should be ok. (I'm assuming my cc will be charged tomorrow)

@LaurenFF 

You're correct.  The $12 is likely the combination of $10 referral credit + $2 auto-pay.

Did you receive the bonus 5GB of data during your first cycle?

@LaurenFF wrote:

no, this would be the first time I am renewing. (I am a newbie here!) I guess I will have to wait for someone to respond to my ticket to figure this out. thanks!

Do you have autopay enabled? If you aren't using autopay and the funds from the promotion aren't added to your account in time, your service will stop working some time in the morning unless a payment is made.

LaurenFF

it is showing $12 but really should be showing $37 with the promotion.  My plan is $25 that should be free in the 2nd month.

@LaurenFF wrote:

no, this would be the first time I am renewing. (I am a newbie here!) I guess I will have to wait for someone to respond to my ticket to figure this out. thanks!

@LaurenFF 

Check here, what does your Available balance show:

HALIMACS_0-1614914603560.png

LaurenFF

thanks...I am a newbie here! 🙂

LaurenFF

@LaurenFF , as for the 2nd renewal free, contact mods.

But as for your account saying expired if this is just the message you see on your self serve and all your services are working, great!

That message is normal for the day of your renewal, no Panic needed. Although many members have panicked as well when it happened to them.

@LaurenFF wrote:

I activated online.  I have already done that, I was just wondering if someone else has had a problem with this.  my account status is currently reading 'PLAN EXPIRED', and i have no idea why. 😞

If your renewal is about to happen, the self serve site would say "plan expired" even if you did receive the promotional accont credit. The site shows this message to everyone even if nothing is wrong with the account, or even if payment has already been made.  In your account, I'm assuming that your available balance hasn't went up?  

with the promotion issue, i guess open a ticket with the mod to get it sorted out

1. For faster response (2 to 48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request moderator assistance, or you can also use this direct link instead https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html, then type "Submit a ticket", select Account-specific issue, then select I need a human now. Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the moderator here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Don't worry about that message.

So long as you HAVE service, it's a normal message that displays in the hours preceding renewal.

It usually causes newer customers a lot of (well-founded) alarm, so you're not alone.

LaurenFF

I activated online.  I have already done that, I was just wondering if someone else has had a problem with this.  my account status is currently reading 'PLAN EXPIRED', and i have no idea why. 😞

@LaurenFF wrote:

I signed up for the new year promotion (second month free and free 5g of data) and checked 2 weeks ago as the second month free wasn't in my account yet.  they assured me it was fine and would be applied.  However, my account renews tomorrow and it is still not there.  Is anyone else having difficulty with this??

Did you activate online or at a store?  Assuming all conditions of the promotion were met, you'll have to open a ticket by going to:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Need Help? Let's chat.