cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new costumer in remote area

bauness
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

iw anted to do the pormo 0$ sim and 1 month free,my walmart does not activate phone my koodo store neither, the promo has to be activate in-store, so how to get with public mobile when i cant activate in-store and want the promotion..

thank you

14 REPLIES 14

bauness

Problem is i created an account a month ago and cant log in,  it say to contact support, is this common?  Or it should always work.. 

Theknight

Yes you will get the 10$ credit for referral number, and it should be in your account within three days 

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

BTW, for those who might find it handy, here's the cell tower map we all seem to use. Search for Saint Michel des Saints to see why my friends had to have a carrier that worked on Telus/Bell (in their case, Public Mobile).

https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html

=aw

ottawa

Okay I'm glad. I have friends in Saint Michel des Saints who do not have Rogers coverage (only Bell/Telus) past Sainte Emilie de l'Energie and they were unable to get a Petrocan phone to work (because it's only on Rogers).

That's why I recommended checking your coverage, if you go to Rogers-only places (unlikely in QC) you might be better with a Rogers-only carrier, or Videotron (which roams on Rogers, and Bell if no Rogers). Of course if you can use PM, it's far superior. 🙂

And remember, if PM offers the same $25/$25 online promotion again, you must get a referral from an existing customer. Of course it depends on the promotion, we'll have to wait and see.

Bienvenu (in advance) to Public Mobile! 🙂

=aw

bauness

yeah im covered by bell telus ect.. just there no in store merchant here that do activation..ill buy a sim online ty

bauness

ill buy i sim online and wait for the next promo yeah

bauness

there is one in val d'or ,quebec i could go give a try

ottawa

@Theknight wrote:

I bought this promo and it actually says “ you get free SIM card if bought from store only not online “

and there is no difference between activation in the store or online

I believe for the past Sep 15-16 promo, you will get your first month's plan credited back to use on your 2nd month. I forget whether you also get the $10 credit for giving an existing number as a referral.

=aw

ottawa

If you don't have a Wal-Mart nearby that can sell you Public Mobile for the next promotion, consider doing an online promotion. The last one end Sep 13 and wasn't as good for the new customer as last weekend's in-store promotion. But it might be good for a remote location.

Specifically, the last in-store promotion was $0 SIM and your first month credited back (to use in 2nd month). On the $40/4.5GB plan, this would be $50 savings to you. The online promotion that ended Sep 13 was $10+tax for the SIM, and if you gave an existing PM customer as referral, there was $25 credit for you and $25 credit for the existing customer. So only $15 to you instead of $40. We never know when a new promotion is coming, but watch Announcements for them.

BTW you didn't say where you are. Are you sure you have good Telus/Bell coverage? With PM you won't get roaming on Rogers towers so you need to make sure you have Telus/Bell coverage where you live and where you go.

=andrew

Theknight

I bought this promo and it actually says “ you get free SIM card if bought from store only not online “

Theknight

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

BTW...that promo offer has ended....but worry not. The next promo could be any day now.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

You forgot to let anyone here know where you are in Canada's remoteness ! Check in with a different Walmart. Or look for a London Drugs.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@bauness wrote:

iw anted to do the pormo 0$ sim and 1 month free,my walmart does not activate phone my koodo store neither, the promo has to be activate in-store, so how to get with public mobile when i cant activate in-store and want the promotion..

thank you

Walmart won't activate it?  Hmm strange as most of the time we can't get just hte sim from Walmart they say they have to activate it

Do you have any of the other retailers around you?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.