cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new activation

Acherniak
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hello, I just activated a new sim to my old phone, and it says Network locked sim card inserted? any help fixing this would be great

10 REPLIES 10

@Acherniak  Network unlock code means that you phone is locked. You will need to unlock it before it can be used with a PM sim card.

@Acherniak your phone is locked to your previous provider contact them and ask them to unlock it for you.  If its a Samsung phone purchased in North America.  Contact Samsung online and ask them to unlock it for you. You will meed your imei number as suggested ny @Naepalm . Welcome to PM.  Stay safe. 

@Acherniak wrote:

@will13amits asking for sim network unlock pin?

I believe that is the term for unlock code for the phone which has been locked to the supplying carrier.  You should be able to contact them and get the code free of charge.  

Acherniak

the phones were purchased in 2018, its asking for a sim network

unlock pin

@Acherniak you may need to contact moderators to get that then if your phone is unlocked. Contact them via this link

:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Acherniak 

go into your virgin account and click unlock phones. You will need your IME#

Get this by dialing *#06# 

Virgin will send you an email confirming your phone was unlocked. I went through this procedure recently with my mom. She was with virgin/bell. They respond quickly and you should have the answer within a couple hours. 

Have an amazing evening and welcome to Public mobile glad to have you! 

Acherniak

@will13amits asking for sim network unlock pin?

byronrayne
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If the phones were purchased on or after Dec 2017 then they are unlocked by default. 

Acherniak

we were with virgin mobile before not on contract though, and we bought the phones out right, not sure they are locked or not?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Acherniak , by chance is your phone locked to the supplying carrier?  

Need Help? Let's chat.