cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new activation sending confirmation code to the new number, cannot activate

kevinhome
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I signed up for a new 90 day plan and got the sim card in the mail.  I downloaded the Public Mobile app, used the same email I initially used and selected my phone number.

Now the app is trying to send me a confirmation code to the new phone number.  I cannot receive the text message because the sim is not active till I enter the confirmation code.

How do I fix this problem?  I need this subscription active.

13 REPLIES 13

agnesloveridge
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

There’s no “didn’t get the code” button and no option to change it to email. Just an endless loop of codes sent to an inactive number and then having to sign in all over again and the same process repeated. 

HI @kevinhome 

try to put your PM sim in the phone and ask to send the code again, it might still come as it is within PM network

nonnewuser

I'm having the same issue - code will only go to the phone number that is not set up yet.  I haven't seen any of the options in the app that have been suggested. I only get the resend code option

kevinhome

already got the $10 hours ago, but thanks.  That would be a useful tip.

When people keep posting tips that are not relevant because they didn't read the question, it is garbage.  One of the threads I read was people crying about losing their "status" when everclear was implemented.  So sad that people need "status"  while working for free for a giant telecom.

Hi @kevinhome 

everyone here just customer and trying to help. It is unfair  yiu said they are garbage tips. You know how many people got help and walk away happily? and you know how unusual it is a faulty aim card?

I was to share with you a tip to ask PM agent for reimbursement of the sim card cost.  I guess you don't need my garbage tips then 

kevinhome

fyi - the sim card was no good.

Public Mobile made me do hours and hours of useless troubleshooting steps (power on, power off, remove sim, reinsert sim, check IMEI, check on another phone, our system is down for maintenance ).  In the end, I drove to a Telus store, bought a new sim and asked support to update the sim ID and it worked right away.

For all you post count collectors that post garbage tips, please stop.  Read the question and if you don't know the answer don't post irrelevant suggestions. 

kevinhome

No, I triple checked the sim card number before I submitted.

kevinhome

I've put a ticket in, guess I'll wait and see how long that takes. 

Leviathan_19

The sum card could be in wrong

@kevinhome 

please message support and they will assist to complete the activation. Once activated, the 2FA would not be an issue 

kevinhome

There is no other method to receive the code, resend is the only option to the phone number I am trying to activate. 

This isn't a 2FA account login, it is to confirm a new phone number.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @kevinhome 

How to receive 2FA code via Public Mobile Phone app

You will have to download the Public Mobile app via WiFi of course

KennethJAdams_0-1691348259825.png

If you’re 6 digit code didn’t work because you no longer have that number or….  Click on the Didn’t get the code? Before you do though, check the box on This is a trusted device so you never have to be asked for the 2 step again on the phone.

The next window that comes up is this.

KennethJAdams_1-1691348259876.png

You can choose either Send Email which will go to the email you registered with or Send Voice Message meaning it will call your number and ask you to push buttons. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@kevinhome 

try this and see if you can get the code via email

On the screen it is expecting you to enter the code, click Didn't get the code? or  Resend code and then choose Send email

if not, message support and give them the sim card number and have them to complete the 2nd half of the activation

Message them here

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there
Need Help? Let's chat.