Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new account activation & porting error

callcarren
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hope one of you have had this one before but here's what's not working: 

hi guys, 

i'm trying to get my phone setup with you. it's currently with telus. 

it's giving the following error, we tried twice and the second time we used the chrome incognito window and cleared cache and temp files and cookies etc. 

Activating your SIM card
error
Oops! Looks like something went wrong when activating your account.

Please start a conversation with our virtual assistant to create a troubleshooting ticket, and the next available Public Mobile Moderator can assist you in your activation via private messaging.

Note that you will need to create a Public Mobile Community Account to submit a ticket

For more information about Public Mobile support and how it works, click here

Error Code: 831,820

PLease inform what i need to do. 

13 REPLIES 13

callcarren

no none. i've started email with mod's i think. tx!

@callcarren wrote:

we were billed but we called the # you said and it was not ported or even registered so they said to get on with the moderator team. 

@callcarren  when you insert the Public Mobile SIM card do you get any services whatsoever?

Try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a few minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings on your device

*Is your phone locked? Contact your previous provider to unlock it for you. You will need your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

*Check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

@callcarren , first open a ticket with PM support and get the  SIM properly provision first.   Use the link provided by @esjliv .

No worries, once PM picks up the ticket, it will be an easy fix.   After SIM is provisioned,  then you can request porting again.

@callcarren wrote:

we were billed but we called the # you said and it was not ported or even registered so they said to get on with the moderator team. 

@callcarren 

Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

callcarren

Braams

Run like hell and look for a better cell service.  I have had an issue porting my father inlaws number and it all started 24 hours ago with no solution leaving him with no service at 85 years old

@callcarren wrote:

i was charged $26.25 from public mobile vancouver authorized dec 31, 2021 but can't login to the account so should i call porting#??

@callcarren  - it wouldn't hurt to call that porting number to check if there was a request sent, and it status.

What is the error when you try to log into your Self Serve account?

Does it allow you to register for a Self Serve account through this method: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

Two ways to contact Customer Support (CSA) here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

@callcarren   2 things to check

SIM.  Did you put the PM SIM in a phone   and see if it connects to Pm network?  you should at least be able to make outgoing calls even porting not complete.  

If SIM is not connecting to PM, like it said SIM not provisioned, No Network, you should open a ticket with PM to get this fix.  You might want to hold on to the porting until you confirm the SIM can connect to PM and able to make outgoing calls

Porting:  Once you confirmed the PM sim is connecting to the network, call the porting department and ask them what you missed.  They likely will ask you for your Telus account number 

callcarren

i was charged $26.25 from public mobile vancouver authorized dec 31, 2021 but can't login to the account so should i call porting#??

@callcarren   and if you call the number I sent you, they would be able to confirm if the account was setup on the backup (cos if it wasn't, they wouldn't be able to find the porting request)

If you confirm the account wasn't setup and no charge on your credit card, try to use Telus Account number to request porting.  And remember, Telus account must be active.  Remember to leave your Telus SIM in a phone as Telus will send you a text to confirm you are leaving. You need to reply YES within 90 minutes.

callcarren

correct i used the ID not my account from Telus. i'm not able to login so i don't think the account actually setup. i'll take a look for a charge on my CC. tx!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@callcarren 

i suggest you close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and try open one Browser incognito mode,

or try it for a different Browser and open incognito mode,

how to open Browser incognito mode visit Here link,

how to clear cache and cookies and History visit Here link,

and use a Browser from your computer,is better

use Browser microsoft edge or chrome latest version
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

how to update your Browser visit Here link, 

and Restart your computer, is will help a lot,

Make sure the old SIM card in your phone when you're Transfer your number. You should get a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to Transfer your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

if you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number, or is not complete processing

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you need to send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link

• please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • which carrier,
  • Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

• Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck and your welcome to Public Mobile
you will be very happy...with a Fabulous Service.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@callcarren wrote:

hope one of you have had this one before but here's what's not working: 

hi guys, 

i'm trying to get my phone setup with you. it's currently with telus. 

it's giving the following error, we tried twice and the second time we used the chrome incognito window and cleared cache and temp files and cookies etc. 

Activating your SIM card
error
Oops! Looks like something went wrong when activating your account.

Please start a conversation with our virtual assistant to create a troubleshooting ticket, and the next available Public Mobile Moderator can assist you in your activation via private messaging.

Note that you will need to create a Public Mobile Community Account to submit a ticket

For more information about Public Mobile support and how it works, click here

Error Code: 831,820

PLease inform what i need to do. 

@callcarren   did you use IMEI number instead of Account number when you request porting?

DO NOT try to activate agrain, Error 831 could means it already activated and charged your account but just problem with porting request.  Check your credit card to see if you see a charge from PM or Koodo 

If you see the charge, then your account was activated, try to put your SIM in a phone and see if it connects.  If it does, the next thing you have to confirm is if there is an issue with the porting request.  There is a  number to call.  I will message you the number via Community inbox, envelope icon on top right. 

Need Help? Let's chat.