network unlock code

kerrhack
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i need a network unlock pin thats 8 digits my imei number is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

11 REPLIES 11

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@kerrhack 

If your phone is locked to another carrier and you'd like to use it with Public Mobile, you will need to contact your previous carrier to get it unlocked for free no fees for unlocking your device.

do it online Unlock your Bell device

@kerrhack 

The SIM network PIN prompt that you're seeing when inserting your Public Mobile SIM card can only mean absolutely that the phone is locked to Bell.  Just calll them back again.   Public Mobile cannot assist.

kerrhack

correct it is bell

kerrhack

but i had another phone and i had a sim card lock on it but my phone was smashed so i took it off then i got a new phone snd put the sim card in it and a box came up asking for an 8 digit sim network unlock pin

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@kerrhack 

How would your SIM card be locked if you just activated or "all of a sudden"? Bell's customer service is giving you the runaround. Call them back and say:

The WCC requires providers to provide the unlocking code upon request, without delay and at no cost upon request once given the IMEI#. Please provide me with the code or my next call will be to the CCTS where I will file a complaint and pursue a code breach violation.

You will be given the unlocking code in short order.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@kerrhack 

You will have to contact the original provider....I would hazard a guess that it's bell.

kerrhack

?but its an 8 digit code maybe the puk code?

kerrhack

its bell but they told me that the sim card is locked and i would have to contact public mobile

kerrhack

its an htc sensation

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@kerrhack 

If you have a Samsung phone you can call or live chat with Samsung Canada to get the unlock code for your device.

Your phone is locked to a carrier. Please contact whichever carrier the phone was last used at/the carrier that it is locked to for the unlock code.

Need Help? Let's chat.