cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

network access checking

JNik
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been trying to check my phone for several days but it says the network checking is not available. I ordered a sim card anyway and activated it but cannot get on the network. If this continues I will have to cancel the service.

12 REPLIES 12

JackQuint
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

As already posted, without the actual model of phone, no one here can really help you beyond generic advice. LG (2017) is not useful information. G6? G5? K4? K8? K10? X Power 2? Something else?

So, you've already been advised to try reset your phone. If you don't want to go that far, try a network reset first. If that doesn't work, you're not going to get any better advice without better information.

@JNik wrote:

Obviously something with the phone then.

@JNikWhat is the exact model of your phone?

@JNik 

Which exact model of LG phone do you have?  We can help check for you.  Did you check  willmyphonework.net website?

Moderators are taking 1-2 days to respond.  Generally, there are no refunds in the prepaid companies like PM.  

JNik

Obviously something with the phone then.

@JNik wrote:

I have discovered from other sourcese that apperently LG(2017) phones are only 50% compatible with the network. If this is in fact is the case I must cancel the service immediatley as this not acceptable.. .

@JNik  There are no refunds with Public Mobile. It was your responsibility to check to make sure that your phone was compatible. To cancel just remove your AutoPay. If you still need to contact PM regarding this issue click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

JNik

I have discovered from other sourcese that apperently LG(2017) phones are only 50% compatible with the network. If this is in fact is the case I must cancel the service immediatley as this not acceptable.. .

@JNik wrote:

The network checking does not work. Keep getting a try later message.

@JNik  Works for me.

@JNik wrote:

@JNik  If you have a LG G5 or similar then you  need to reset your phone to get data working. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Public Mobile utilizes the following frequency bands: 4G LTE and LTE Advanced

700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS)

HSPA

850 MHz and 1900 MHz (UMTS)

JNik

JNik

No my phone is a LG (2017) and is unlocked

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@JNik wrote:

I have been trying to check my phone for several days but it says the network checking is not available. I ordered a sim card anyway and activated it but cannot get on the network. If this continues I will have to cancel the service.

@JNik  Your phone might be locked to the previous provider. You must get the Network Unlock PUK code from your previous provider.
If your phone is a Samsung you might be able to get an unlock code from the Samsung website via a chat
To start a live chat session from Samsung's Contact Us page: http://www.samsung.com/ca/info/contactus.html?CID=AFL-hq-mul-0813-11000170.

What is the make and model of your phone? Did you make sure it's compatible with the PM data network? 

@JNik  Did you make sure your phone is compatible? Public Mobile has partnered with willmyphonework.net as the new compatibility checker.If you can’t find your make and/ or model, provide feedback directly here.

Hope this helps!

Need Help? Let's chat.