cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need to delete a visa off of my account

zerotoseven
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi I need to delete a visa card off of my payment options and it wont let me. from what i can read online it says i need a customer support agent team to do so

19 REPLIES 19

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

It probably has to do with rewards but why they didn't change it to "automatic payments" instead of "pre-authorized payments" which they are not. Pre-authorized payments give far more access and permissions for a company to charge your card and require you to sign off it which we have not done. I don't allow any pre-authorized payments on any of my cards or accounts. Period.

@darlicious   the "autopay" reference is an interesting one.  There must be some reason why PM really clean up the wording Autopay and replaced with Pre-Authorized payment.  With the "work habit" here, if it is a causal name change, I don't think PM would put in 100% effort to clear every trace of it.  There must be some reason for that (legal???)

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

I forgot to look with my most recent one.....? Renewals still run late I know that much as does the rewards text but they found the time to change the autopay reference in the payment reminder text to a complete misnomer of "pre-authorized payments". I expect similar wording for renewals.

@dabr wrote:

@dust2dust    There's quite a few functions in suspended accounts that can no longer be done, although I'm not sure if all of them were available previously.

Cannot do on suspended accounts:   edit profile, change SIM, number, password, PIN and voicemail PIN.

I know I've changed phone numbers on a suspended account before, but have no idea if there were restrictions on some of the other things as well.

Good find @dabr !!

those really affect what needs to be done to transfer account to someone else 🤔

@darlicious wrote:

. I didn't bother to suspend again via lost/stolen because I was just waiting until after 9pm pt to reactivate with the remaining plan amount. When I logged later that night I was surprised to see an active plan and a balance increase?!!

@darlicious 

I wonder if the renewal night activity sequence is still the same on the new My Account .... What you think?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dabr 

I only noticed or maybe properly read your list now.....groan....pm has made the management of accounts for the user much more difficult. Previously you could edit your profile, reset the voicemail pin # and change the password. This presents a major issue if you are transferring a suspended account to someone else (especially if your credit card is stuck on it?) and just the functionality of the account when resuming via lost/stolen with a balance will trigger automatic reactivation of the plan.

Or as I discovered a credit to the account will trigger reactivation. I always suspend via lost/stolen whether I have a balance or not. In preparation of reactivating on day 88 I zeroed out a gift card leaving a deficit of $1.35 to be paid to reactivate the plan. I didn't bother to suspend again via lost/stolen because I was just waiting until after 9pm pt to reactivate with the remaining plan amount. When I logged later that night I was surprised to see an active plan and a balance increase?!!

That's when I discovered the spring phone sale credit of $20 was applied earlier in that day rather than the next day when I was expecting it. Had I suspended it before paying the final $1.35 the credit would not have reactivated the plan and thrown my timing off by a day. Something to keep in mind when suspending by disabling autopay.

@darlicious   Yeah, I did notice you can't toggle 2FA off in the suspended account.  I've noticed a delay in the 2FA text/email code arriving, but don't think I've had to wait 70 seconds yet, perhaps more like 20ish seconds.  But yep, not sure why there's time lag for code to be sent. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dabr 

You also cannot remove 2FA meaning you have to wait almost 70 seconds for the email to arrive leaving you a precious 20 seconds to return to the login page and correctly imput the verification code. I can do it with 4 seconds to spare!

@dust2dust    There's quite a few functions in suspended accounts that can no longer be done, although I'm not sure if all of them were available previously.

Cannot do on suspended accounts:   edit profile, change SIM, number, password, PIN and voicemail PIN.

I know I've changed phone numbers on a suspended account before, but have no idea if there were restrictions on some of the other things as well.

@JK8, @dabr - But hey you can change the pin and see the whole sim# ! It is baffling why they would intentionally put in limitations that make one have to use the support people. You want to be all online...be all online.

@zerotoseven- Did you undo the solution? Did a gift card not work for you? You may need to use a different browser or device or use incognito mode.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@zerotoseven   If you weren't able to submit a ticket using the link from earlier and don't want to update with a new card, then send a private message instead to CS_Agent here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Hopefully, PM will restore the option to remove one's payment card soon, but yeah it's totally baffling why it was eliminated in their redesigned self serve account, which is an improvement overall.

zerotoseven

this makes zero sense, what they released is complete garbage for a supposed modern user friendly system

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Dunkman @dust2dust 

The announcement below makes no sense at all. What functionality have they put in the hands of the customer? You can’t change your self service email address, you can’t delete your cc information, etc.

ss.jpg

zerotoseven

seams that everything is having errors

07/23

Put whatever you want for postal.

@zerotoseven 

@zerotoseven wrote:

i need to delete the card as it is a friends who does not want it left on my account 

Then either replace with another credit card (if you have one) or need to contact CSA to help remove your friend's credit card information. You are unable to manually remove yourself unfortunately.  

zerotoseven

i need to delete the card as it is a friends who does not want it left on my account 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@zerotoseven 

Yes, you are correct.  With the new My account system, customers are unable to remove credit card information.  Able to replace credit card information, but not remove.  During beta testing, Public mobile was aware that some customers would prefer to remove credit card information by themselves.

Submit a ticket for CSA help. 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/chatbot. 

Type: contact human.  

Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Seems the delete option is gone. But you can change it. Do you have another card? You could use a spent out credit card gift card too.

Need Help? Let's chat.