cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need my number back did not make online account

harrybhandohal
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I joined public mobile earlier this year and got my number ported. I did not make an online account for my phone and now I have lost my phone but want to get my same number back to my new phone. The man at the store cannot access my information as there is no online account associated with my number what can I do now. When I call the number is goes to my voicemail so the number is still there and I really need it back as it is my business number. What can I do now? 

6 REPLIES 6

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@harrybhandohal wrote:

I joined public mobile earlier this year and got my number ported. I did not make an online account for my phone and now I have lost my phone but want to get my same number back to my new phone. The man at the store cannot access my information as there is no online account associated with my number what can I do now. When I call the number is goes to my voicemail so the number is still there and I really need it back as it is my business number. What can I do now? 

@harrybhandohal  If your phone was an Android device you might be able to find, lock, or erase a lost Android device. Click here for more info.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I have seen thread about subscribers who acivtiate PM plan in-store and did not create a self-serve account until they lost their phone.  Without a working PM phone, the authentication code cannot be delivered.  Sending code to your phone is the only safe method for PM to know that you are the owner of your phone line.

PM has done it part by sending an email to ask you to create a self-serve account after your activation.  Don't ignore it. Create your self-serve account ASAP.  Otherwise, you will not have a working phone for a few days because the moderator wait time is 2 - 3 days.

@srlawren wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@harrybhandohal Click here to register your selfserve account. Are you able to create an account.

@geopublic they won't be able to receive the verification SMS message because their previous phone (with original, still active SIM card) is lost.

@srlawren  Noted, Thanks!!

srlawren

@geopublic wrote:

@harrybhandohal Click here to register your selfserve account. Are you able to create an account.

@geopublic they won't be able to receive the verification SMS message because their previous phone (with original, still active SIM card) is lost.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@harrybhandohal wrote:

@harrybhandohal you will need to send a private message to the moderator team by clicking here:  PM the Moderator Team.  They are the only ones whom can help you.  More info on getting help:  How to Get Help - Community

For future reference, I strongly recommend you set up a self-serve account once you get this sorted out.  If this should happen again, it's a 2 minute job to change the SIM card number associated to your account, provided you have one to log into! 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@harrybhandohal wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.