cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my phone is hacked

NT3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good day everybody, scammers are accessing my contacts and calling - I do not get a ringing or a voice mail - just the icon that signals a call came through and the call appears on my call history as incoming - I checked with the people who presumably called me and they haven't... this is a very serious issue and seems to be related to the security of your network not just my device - those contacts are only on the phone. Thank you for all your help. Have a wonderful day.

9 REPLIES 9

NT3

Excellent idea hTideGnow, and quick to implement. Thank you so much have a wonderful day

NT3

Thank you MrSpock, will consider that in the near future. Have a great day!

NT3

Thank you hTideGnow, have a great day!

NT3

Hello Yummy, I will probably have to do both but not currently. sometimes in the near future. Have a great day!

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@NT3 

It seems we all get these spoofing calls.

It would suggest you pick a new number from your account but there is no guarantee that it won’t happen.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

How could somebody get access to your SIM and through it to your contact list?

Maybe you should consider replacing SIM with new one or change number.

HI @MrSpock   in this case, I would not think it is Caller ID spoofing.  Look like OP said incoming from multiple friends.  If one, maybe the spoofing happened to pick the right one luckily, but if OP was correct about from multiple friends, it might not be spoofing

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@NT3 hi yes you are being spoofed, it is a problem all carriers are trying to deal with , not a lot can be done about it they should go away after a week or two if it is real bad you could think of a number change 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @NT3   

honest, never heard of such kind of hack.  and If anything, it is your device and should have nothing to do with the network.   Or it could be your friends devices, those who called you, got hacked

If you want to be 100% sure, wipe your phone and re-setup all the app, do not use backup from cloud just in case

if you also want to troubleshoot, open ticket with PM

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

start by typing : Contact CS Agent
then Click "Contact Us"
then Click "Other"
finally Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the CS Agent (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.